[NFBNJ] Verizon Accessibility workshop (Time Sensitive)

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 8 18:10:12 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!
Thanks to Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI, for the following notice.
Please read and share with others.
Contact information is provided below.

FYI

The Verizon Consumer Accessibility Team will be conducting its first Verizon
In-Store Accessibility Workshop to be held at the Verizon retail location in
East Brunswick, NJ (323 NJ Route 18) on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 from
2:00-3:00.  Our workshop is open to individuals who are Blind and visually
impaired (preferably with little or no prior experience with the iPhone???s
accessibility features); and/or, Individuals that know, care for, or
influence individuals with a vision impairment.  Our in-store workshop will
provide a hands-on demonstration of the iPhone???s built-in accessibility
features and showcase how these accessibility tools may be used to navigate
mobile websites, such as the Verizon Wireless mobile site, as well as using
them in everyday tasks.  The goal of our workshop is to introduce and
educate both individuals with and without disabilities to the accessibility
features available on the iPhone and provide a session where participants
can ask questions and give feedback on how Verizon can improve its overall
accessibility.

Our hope is that participants will leave our workshop with a working
Knowledge of using the iPhone in conjunction with its built-in accessibility
features, including Voiceover, and Zoom; and most importantly, we hope to
gain valuable feedback from the community about the workshop, including how
to improve future workshops.

Anyone wishing to attend can contact Paul Daye at
(paul.daye at verizonwireless.com<mailto:paul.daye at verizonwireless.com>) by
August 16, 2019.  Please note that space at the workshop will be limited to
5-8, and iPhone???s will be provided for use during the workshop; however,
participants may feel free to bring their own.  Additionally, Android users
are welcome to contact us as we plan to provide workshops on android???s
accessibility features as well.