[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: Important Updated Announcements State Convention Highlighting Streaming Social Media And Much More

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 5 22:41:40 UTC 2019

Agenda State Convention Updated Announcements 2019

Greetings to all!

Please review and share with others.

Several important items of interest.

Note: Streaming details are also located on the state website, pleas visit,
www.nfbnj.org

Once again, a huge thanks to all that volunteered countless numbers of hours
with the planning, preparing the pre registration information, discussing
and fine tuning the agenda, those that gathered and collected items for
doorprizes and auction items, working on badges for the attendees, locating
volunteers to assist when and where needed and thanks to all who are
planning to attend the 43rd state convention, Live TheLife you Want; We Got
This!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

  1.. Streaming Saturday, November 9, 2019
  2.. Social Media Info
  3.. Food, Personal Items and Canes to Donate
  4.. AIRA Info
  5.. Breakfast Coupons
  6.. Banquet Exchange
  7.. Exhibit Room Hours
  8.. Guide Dog Info
  9.. Code of Conduct

*****

  1.. Streaming

So, you just can???t make it in person to this year???s NFBNJ state convention?

Then do the next best thing: tune in to our live stream of Saturday???s

jam-packed program.

The first streaming session starts at 8:45 a.m. Eastern Time and runs until

noon. Streaming resumes at 1:45 p.m. and continues until 5 p.m.  Finally,

share the excitement of our scholarship awards and keynote speaker from 8

p.m. until completion; approximately 10:30 pm.

Follow instructions below to join the 43rd annual NFBNJ state convention

virtually during the times listed above.

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

When: Nov 9, 2019 08:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Topic: National Federation of the Blind (NFBNJ) 43rd Annual State

Convention - Morning Session

Please click the link below to join the webinar:

https://zoom.us/j/976909535

Or iPhone one-tap :

US: +19292056099,,976909535#  or +16699006833,,976909535#

Or Telephone:

Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

US: +1 929 205 6099  or +1 669 900 6833

Webinar ID: 976 909 535

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abBC7ZS4VU

Afternoon Session

Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

When: Nov 9, 2019 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Topic: National Federation of the Blind (NFBNJ) 43rd Annual State

Convention - Afternoon Session

Please click the link below to join the webinar:

https://zoom.us/j/343648824

Or iPhone one-tap :

 US: +19292056099,,343648824#  or +16699006833,,343648824#

Or Telephone:

Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

US: +1 929 205 6099  or +1 669 900 6833

Webinar ID: 343 648 824

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abBC7ZS4VU

 Banquet Session

You are invited to a Zoom webinar.

When: Nov 9, 2019 06:45 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Topic: National Federation of the Blind (NFBNJ) 43rd Annual State

Convention - Banquet Session

Please click the link below to join the webinar:

https://zoom.us/j/676332821

Or iPhone one-tap :

US: +19292056099,,676332821#  or +16699006833,,676332821#

Or Telephone:

Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):

US: +1 929 205 6099  or +1 669 900 6833

Webinar ID: 676 332 821

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abBC7ZS4VU

[image: https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

  2.. FaceBook

Whether you???re a first-timer or a regular participant, it???s fun to

share     NFBNJ 43rd annual state convention happenings on your Facebook,

Instagram or other social media.

To ensure that it will be easy to find your NFBNJ 2019 convention posts.

Use the hash tag:

#nfbnjwegotthis

You can post selfies and videos with friends; share new resources you have

just learned about or just tell your cyberworld about the great time you???re

having. See you later this week at the Delta by Marriot in Woodbridge!

  3.. Food Pantry, Personal Items, & Cane Donations:
Please drop off your items in the receptacles in the registration area. Food
items???Puerto Rican

Association for Human Development, Inc.; personal items will be donated to a

local nonprofit to assist those in need.

Canes donate unneeded canes and cane parts for Kustom Canes to reburbish and
deliver to blind people around the world Friday in registration area and
Saturday at the Door Prize Table in the main ballroom.

  4.. Aira Hotel Navigation:
Aira is proud to participate in the 2019 NFBNJ State

Convention. As part of our partnership, we are offering free Aira Access at

the hotel for this event. Through live video and a mobile app, Aira connects

the blind individual to a trained agent who provides real-time visual

information or assistance, for example, for finding a hotel room or

conference room, reading a restaurant menu, or describing exhibit hall

tables.

For those new to Aira: Before or at convention, download the free Aira app

from your phone???s App Store, and create a guest account. Make sure your

phone GPS feature is enabled. When you enter the convention Access location,

your phone will receive a notification letting you know that the space you

are in is part of the Aira Network. When you connect, the agent will confirm

that you are now covered by the network, and for Aira subscribers, that no

minutes will be deducted from your account. When you leave or enter

convention areas that are covered by the Access network, you will be

informed by the Aira agent. To learn more about Aira visit

<http://www.aira.io/> www.aira.io or call Customer Care at 1-800-835-1934.

  5.. Breakfast Coupons:
NFB convention attendees who are registered with the

hotel will receive coupons upon check in, two per room, for a free the

breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant for each morning of the convention.

Breakfast begins at 6:30 am. The hotel is full, so arrive early for

breakfast in order to be on time for sessions.

  6.. Banquet Ticket Exchange:
for a smooth seating process, we use a Banquet Ticket Exchange. After you
purchase your banquet ticket, bring it to the ticket exchange, where you
will trade it in for a ticket with a table number. If you would like to sit
with friends, gather ALL tickets and exchange them together (you must have
everyone???s ticket when you go to the exchange). Ten people can sit at a
table. Exchange hours: Friday 5:10 5:25 pm, and Saturday 8:00 8:45 am, 12:00
12:45 pm, and 5:10 5:25 pm. If you do not exchange your ticket, you will be
seated where there is space available.

  7.. The Exhibit Hall will be open in the Ruby Room at the following times:
Thursday, 4:00 pm  9:00 pm and Friday, 8:00 am   1:00 pm.

Guide Dog Relief Area:

>From the elevators turn left and walk toward the lobby. Continue walking
until you get past the lobby, bar, and hotel restaurant area and you reach
the Modern Asian Cuisine Restaurant. From the

front door of the Modern Asian Cuisine Restaurant walk approximately 42

feet. When you feel the mat turn right and with the restaurant to your back,

there are two push doors in front of you.

After going through the doors walk approximately 75 feet and turn left. Walk

approximately 25 feet. When you feel the crack in the sidewalk you are

approaching the grassy area on your left. This grassy area is a very long

rectangular shape.

You can also access this same grassy area from the exhibit room exit. Walk

straight toward the outside doors; there is a square sitting area between

you and the doors. After the square sitting area there is a revolving door

with push doors on both sides. Go through the doors. Walk approximately 45

feet and turn right. Walk approximately 15 feet and the grassy area will be

on your right side after several bushes.

There will be garbage pails on each end of the grassy area. For additional
concerns, contact Dan Facchini at 201 906 8655.

  8.. National Federation of the Blind Code of Conduct:
As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also
represent our greater

organization. We want you to enjoy our time together and to make new friends

and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage members to socialize and

have fun, the convention also provides a valuable opportunity to come

together to continue the work of our organization, to learn about the

important initiatives that we are involved with on local and national

levels, and to plan our work for the future.

The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention

environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers,

exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company

of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and

professionalism. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold

that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore

specifically prohibited:

*        harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity,

language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,

disability, physical appearance, or other group identity

*        sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual

attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact

*        public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence,

yelling, hostility, destruction of property)

Participants are expected to abide by these rules and behaviors in all

convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and social events.

Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers

hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately. We are committed to

diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. Please visit

<https://nfb.org/code-conduct> https://nfb.org/code-conduct for more

information.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net