[NFBNJ] NFBNJ Honors Five State Scholarship Recipients At 43rd State Convention Woodbridge

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 19 23:06:05 UTC 2019

Greetings to all!
Received from Lia Stone, Chair of the State Scholarship Committee for 2019.
We were proud to announce and honor five state scholarship recipients
throughout the weekend of the 43rd state convention of the NFBNJ, Live The
life You Want; We Got This, with the highlight of the presentation of the
class of 2019 at Saturday’s banquet.

Please share with others as the future looks bright as we give the gift of
the Federation to all!

From: Lia Stone, Chair of the State Scholarship Committee
Hi Joe,

Below is the list of scholarship recipients. Please spread the good news by
forwarding this to the affiliate.

Amy Alban is a junior at Montclair State University studying psychology. She
is interested in a career in the Human Services field where she can make a
difference.  She is also the winner of one of this year's National NFB
scholarships.

Mary Fernandez is in her final year of her MBA at Duke University. She just
completed an internship at Cisco in  their marketing department. After
graduation she hopes to work in management, sales or marketing at a Fortune
100 company.

Natasha Ishaq is a freshman at The College of New Jersey majoring in physics
with a minor in Law, Politics and Philosophy. She  is interested in doing
work that helps people in either the government or non-profit sector.

Henry Young is a freshman at Drew University. He is double majoring in
Computer Science and Political Science and hopes to continue on to a
Master's degree in software engineering at Stevens Institute of Technology
with the ultimate goal of working for a large tech corporation or the
federal government.

Jonathan Zobek is a senior at The College of New Jersey where he is majoring
in Communications.  He is interested in pursuing a career in the blindness
field either as a vocational rehabilitation counselor or as an O&M
instructor.

On a personal note, I want to thank the committee members and to the
members who contribute funds to this valuable educational and leadership
program.

nfbnj1 at verizon.net