[NFBNJ] National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey State Convention: Auction and Door Prizes

ems553 at comcast.net ems553 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 4 00:54:58 UTC 2019

Greetings Everyone,

We are looking forward to your participation in the:

National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey 43rd ANNUAL STATE
CONVENTION

November 7th through 10th, 2019
Theme: Live the Life You Want; We Got This

This year we will be celebrating a "Possibility Fair" throughout the
convention with special activities and presentations for all!

We are asking that all Chapters and Divisions assist with the collection of
door prizes and auction baskets -these help to make the mood festive and
also helps the Affiliate raise funds. Additionally, we plan to make some of
the items available to divisions and chapters to raise additional monies
for> local use.

To this end, we are attaching sample letter  formats that you as well as
your chapter or division will want to customize before distributing.
Depending on how well you know the potential donor, you may want to make it
a bit more informal-you decide what works best for you! These are templates
that you can modify to meet your needs!

We are asking that for Auction Baskets, you provide us with a detailed list
of what they contain. Please keep Annemarie Cooke (H: 609 859 4084 mail
to: aec732 at gmail.com <mailto:aec732 at gmail.com>  and Ellen Sullivan (H:
302-658-2268 mail to: ems553 at comcast.net <mailto:ems553 at comcast.net>  )
informed of what you are bringing as this will help us in planning the Door
Prize and Auction events. Both of us are happy to work with you if you need
any assistance in
personalizing the letters.

If you plan on bringing the baskets/door prizes with you to
convention, please e-mail us with information NO LATER THAN OCTOBER
20 so that labels can be made in Braille and large print.

Thanks so much for your support; please do call if you have
any questions. And please do work with your chapter/division Presidents as
this
is a team effort!

Be well, NFBNJ family members!

Annemarie Cooke and Ellen Sullivan

The State Convention is being held at:

DELTA by Marriot Hotel
515 US Highway 1 South
Iselin, New Jersey 08830
Access Link accessible
Cross street: Gill Lane

(Note: Please use Woodbridge as your destination if you are making Access
Link Reservations)