[NFBNJ] Get Ready, Set and Go! 3rd Annual Blind Awareness Month Step Challenge sponsored by the NFBNJ Sports & Recreation Division begins October 1st – All Are Welcomed to participate!

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 26 17:46:27 UTC 2019

    Greetings to all!
Please consider and please share with others.
Joe
From: Linda Melendez
Joe:

Can you please email the following invitation to our distribution list
inviting everyone to participate in the 3rd Annual Blind Awareness Month
Step Challenge sponsored by the NFBNJ Sports & Recreation Division that
begins October 1st ??? All Are Welcomed to participate!

Thank you,
Linda Melendez, President
NFBNJ Sports & Recreation Division
732-421-7063 <(732)%20421-7063>

Email: lindamelendez220 at gmail.com

****

We are counting down to what we expect to be a month of improved wellness,
enjoyment and an opportunity to be out and about in public with your white
cane or guide dog.

October 1st is kick-off day for the 3rd Annual Blind Awareness Month Step
Challenge and we hope you???ll be part of it.  The challenge will run from
October 1 through October 31; a perfect time to get outdoors and get
moving. The days usually are cooler, and you can feel more energetic as you
keep track of your daily steps.

Again, this year, we are using the honor system ??? you keep track of your
own daily steps recorded on a fitness app, IPhone or other device. You can
walk indoors (like at a shopping center) or outdoors. Use your white cane
and let the people around you see a blind person on the move! We???re asking
each participant to attempt 7,500 or more steps a day during the month of
October. You can walk, ride a stationary bike or use an elliptical ??? maybe
even a combination of them.

Share this challenge with other blind / vision impaired individuals, your
family, friends, co-workers and encourage them to join in.

Interested? It???s easy to participate ??? all you need to do is complete the
on-line registration form by clicking on the link directly below this line.

<http://www.nfbnj.org/step-challenge-registration>
*https://www.nfbnj.org/step-challenge-registration*
<http://www.nfbnj.org/step-challenge-registration>

If you have questions or problems registering please contact NFBNJ Web
Master Brian Mackey at 610 750 6765 or by email at bmackey88 at gmail.com.

If you have questions about the challenge please contact Annemarie Cooke,
Vice President at 609 859 4084 or at aec732 at gmail.com or Tony Santiago
Board Member and Chair of the Events and Activities Committee by email at
Ts.128 at icloud.com.

Good luck, be safe and let???s get to stepping,
Linda Melendez, President

Email: lindamelendez220 at gmail.com