[NFBNJ] NJCBVI 2020 Information

joe ruffalo nfbnj1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 7 19:27:44 UTC 2020

    Greetings to all!
We care. We share. We grow. Together, we make a difference!
Please read and share the informative material with others provided by
Pamela Gaston, NJ CBVI.
Best,
Joe

____

The Year 2020 Marks the 110th Anniversary of the Establishment of the
New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CBVI)

We are particularly proud of this milestone, not only because New Jersey was
one of the first states to establish an agency for people who are blind, but
also because our state remains a front-runner in the field of services for
persons with vision loss.

To learn more about the history of NJCBVI visit:
https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/cbvi/faq/history/

The  2020 NJCBVI  Board of Trustees Scholarship Program
The Board of Trustees of The New Jersey Commission for the Blind & Visually
Impaired (NJCBVI)  is currently accepting applications for the awarding of
five  scholarships .  The scholarships will be presented  to blind,
deaf-blind or visually impaired CBVI students who have demonstrated
commitment to independence and personal achievements in education,
self-advocacy, and/or community involvement.

To be eligible, applicants must be registered to receive services from the
NJCBVI and be high school seniors or individuals soon-to-be  or currently
enrolled in an institution of higher learning (2 or 4-year college,
community college, trade school, business school or an accredited equivalent
higher education institution.)

Applications and supporting documentation must be received by or before
March 24, 2020.  Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notices will not be sent to students who are missing necessary
documentation.
Please use this link for further information and to apply. Applicants are
encouraged to carefully review the directions before applying:
https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/cbvi/home/scholarships.html

SAVE THE DATE!

Blind, Deaf-Blind and Visually Impaired Awareness Night with the Trenton
Thunder Baseball Team will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 25, 2020
at Arm and Hammer Ball Park, 1 Thunder Road, Trenton, NJ.  Discount tickets
will be available for only $7.00 and the CBVI Board of Trustees is providing
complimentary tickets for all CBVI students age 18 and under and their
immediate family members.

For further information e-mail: askcbvi at dhs.nj.govmailto:askcbvi at dhs.nj.gov