[NFBNJ] NFBNJ: Great Scholarship Opportunities Please Share

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 21:28:08 UTC 2020

Greetings to all!

Received from Brian Mackey, affiliate webmaster.

Please review and share with others.

The following is located on the state affiliate website, to learn more about
the NFBNJ,please visit,

www.nfbnj.org <http://www.nfbnj.org>

nfbnj1 at verizon.net <mailto:nfbnj1 at verizon.net>

***

Scholarships

The National Federation of the Blind believes in investing in the future by
supporting the college education of deserving legally blind students.  Our
state and national scholarship programs are the most generous in the
country. We urge you to apply to both.

Every year, the National Federation of the Blind awards more than $120,000
to blind scholars across the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and
Puerto Rico in recognition of their achievements and professional
aspirations. The scholarship program is our commitment to academic
excellence and leadership among blind students, and each winner is awarded
on the basis of academic excellence, community service, and leadership. The
application process opens November 1. Review the scholarship application
checklist
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-p
rogram/scholarship-program-application-checklist>  and the scholarship
program FAQs
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-p
rogram/scholarship-program-faqs> . Share this opportunity that invests in
the future of blind people. Learn about the eligibility and requirements of
the 2020 scholarship program
<https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-p
rogram> . All blind high school and college students are encouraged to
apply! In addition to receiving a check, the recipient receives airfare,
hotel room, registration, banquet and other items of interest.

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey awards as many as five
(5) scholarships each year at its annual state convention to New Jersey
residents or those attending New Jersey schools. Any legally blind,
full-time college or graduate student may apply, as well as graduating high
school seniors who will be attending college full-time in the fall of 2020.
All finalists must attend the entire convention of the National Federation
of the Blind of New Jersey, to be held in November. The NFBNJ scholarship
program is our investment in the future of blind people who demonstrate
scholastic aptitude, leadership, and service. All blind high school and
college students are encouraged to apply! The recipient of a state
scholarship receives a check, hotel room, registration, food, two extra
banquet tickets for family and or friend.

When a national scholarship application is completed and forwarded to the
committee, the applicant has the opportunity to win a national and or a
state scholarship. Complete one application and you can win two
scholarships! The application deadline for both programs is March 31, 2019.

Please also read:

*         NFBNJ SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT 2019 STATE CONVENTION
<https://www.nfbnj.org/scholarships/?preview_id=154&preview_nonce=6b50c12608
&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true#NFBNJ SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT 2019
STATE CONVENTION>

*         National Convention Reflections From National Scholarship Winners
<https://www.nfbnj.org/scholarships/?preview_id=154&preview_nonce=6b50c12608
&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true#National Convention Reflections From National
Scholarship Winners>

*         Applications Open: Apply for Our STEM Summer Program
<https://www.nfbnj.org/scholarships/?preview_id=154&preview_nonce=6b50c12608
&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true#Applications Open: Apply for Our STEM Summer
Program>

National Convention Reflections From National Scholarship Winners

To read the national convention reflections from our national scholarship
winners, please visit our Reflections from National Scholarship Winners
<https://www.nfbnj.org/scholarships/reflections-from-national-scholarship-wi
nners>  page.

Applications Open: Apply for Our STEM Summer Program

NFB Engineering Quotient (EQ) Program
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16049&qid=3297765>
June 21-27, 2020
St. Paul, Minnesota

"NFB EQ gave me more confidence to keep doing what I want-no one can stop
me! The program opened my eyes to even more options in the field [of
engineering] and it gave me some confidence that I can do some mechanical
stuff that I didn't think I could do before." - Michael, Texas

Join the National Federation of the Blind this summer at the Science Museum
of Minnesota
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15889&qid=3255731>
for a week-long program of hands-on lessons and various recreational
activities. No specific level of previous engineering experience. Not a
student? Share with a blind or low-vision teen today!

Meet new people. Learn new things. Have an exciting adventure!

Transportation and Hotel

Participant's transportation to and from the program will be arranged by the
National Federation of the Blind. Students will travel to St.
Paul/Minneapolis on Sunday and will travel home on the following Saturday.
This is a residential program; students will stay in a hotel (with a
roommate) paid for by the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan
Institute and all meals will be provided.

How to Apply

Blind or low-vision students in grades 9-12 during the 2019-2020 school year
in a school (public, private, charter, residential, or home school) in the
United States and available to attend the entire program are encouraged to
apply.

Apply Now!
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16049&qid=3297765>

Applications are due March 29, 2020. No registration fee and minimal costs!
Read the FAQs
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=16050&qid=3297765>
for more details about cost.

Contact Us

Contact us at STEM at nfb.org <mailto:STEM at nfb.org> , 410-659-9314, extension
2418, or by mail:
National Federation of the Blind
c/o NFB EQ
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21230

This material is based upon work supported by the National Science
Foundation
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=15893&qid=3255731>
under Grant No. 1712887. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or
recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do
not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.