[NFBNJ] Important and Time Sensitive: National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Guide Dog Committee Conference Call on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 7 PM

Ellen Sullivan ems553 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 23 19:56:29 UTC 2020

>From the Desk of Joe Ruffalo, President, National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey

Submitted by Ellen Sullivan, Affiliate Secretary

Greetings to all!

As in a previous email, I did review the list of names that were copied on
an email to inform those receiving it that a guide dog committee call is
planned for Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 7:00 pm.

Since many who received the email are not members of the National Federation
of the Blind of New Jersey Chapters or Divisions, this can cause a problem
with those (who are not members) making their voices known on an NFBNJ
Committee and therefore, this will not be a sanctioned committee call.

If a policy is reached, the paid members will make the decision, not the
unpaid person or persons on the call.

I congratulate Trisha's effort to recruit new members to the NFBNJ. Please
know that we welcome your participation as a member to our
Chapters/Divisions (please visit  <http://www.nfbnj.org> www.nfbnj.org  to
learn more about them).

Email reminder from Trisha Ebel regarding this important NFBNJ Guide Dog
Committee Meeting:

Hi All,

On Tuesday night at 7 pm the NJAGDU committee will be hosting  a very
important call regarding the possible changes that the D.O.T wants to make
regarding air travel and our service dogs.  Melissa from Seeing Eye will be
on the call to explain and answer questions.    We can't just sit back, we
need to take action and let our voices be heard.  If the changes do take
place it will make air travel extremely hard and even more time consuming
for us as well as the changes can be making us take a step back in time.
Even if this is the only conference you ever make, this is an important one.
I can't urge you enough to join us to learn how we can all take action, put
this date and time on your calendar, set a timer too! Here is the conference
information.  Please rsvp to me with your availability and with any
questions.

Conference number 605 475 6250

Code star 2018 pound

My contact email to use is:

 <mailto:Patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net> Patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net

Thank you to all.

Trisha Ebel

Independent Living Assistant

Heightened Independence and Progress (hip)

131 Main Street, Suite 120

Hackensack, NJ  07601

201-996-9100 Ext. 19

201-996-9422 (fax)