[NFBNJ] National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey State Convention Hotel Update for May 2020

Ellen Sullivan ems553 at comcast.net
Sun May 3 12:53:54 UTC 2020

Joe Ruffalo, President

254 Spruce Street

Bloomfield, New Jersey 07003

Tel 973-743-0075

 <mailto:nfbnj1 at verizon.net> nfbnj1 at verizon.net

National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey State Convention Hotel Update
for May 2020

Greetings to all!

It is only   six  months until the gavel will strike to begin the 44th State
Convention of  the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey, I want to
provide the following email highlighting important information for your
consideration.

National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey 44th Annual  State Convention

Thursday, November 5th through Sunday, November 8th , 2020

Theme: Live the Life You Want; We Care, We Share, We Grow!

Attend and participate to make a difference.

The 44th Annual State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
New Jersey will be held at:

Delta by Marriott formerly known as the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel

515 US Highway 1 South

Iselin, New Jersey 08830

Access Link accessible

Cross street: Gill Lane

For those arriving via Access Link, please reserve your trip with the
address provided and use Woodbridge as the city.

If traveling via train, the station nearest the hotel is Metro Park.

The hotel provides a shuttle from the train station between 7:00 am to 11:00
pm.  You must meet the driver on street level.

The address to use for those driving is 4 Gill Lane, Woodbridge. There is a
bank across the street from the hotel.

Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 44th Annual State
Convention of the NFBNJ. Get Involved, stay involved, Make a Difference!

Please share with others, everyone  is welcome!

Room Reservations:

The Delta by Marriott,  formerly known as the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel,
is now accepting room reservations for the state convention. To make your
reservation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, please dial 732-634-3600 and use
the group code of National Federation of the Blind/NFB 2020. The best time
to call is during regular business hours, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. The 2020 room
rates are $109 a night. Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and
local taxes, which at present is 14.625% and will be in effect at the time
of check-out. (Note: we have received this lower rate, and this does not
include the breakfast buffet).

For early arrivals, there are a number of rooms reserved for Wednesday,
November 4th. Do not hesitate, please make your room reservations as soon as
possible. Our block of rooms is available until Thursday, October 15, then
they are released to the general public. In years past, the block sells out
prior to the deadline, so please reserve ASAP!

When making hotel room reservations, you need to secure via credit card.

There will be no charge to your card until you arrive at the hotel.

Refrigerators will be available in all sleeping rooms this year. In
addition, there are a limited number of wheelchair accessible rooms and if
needed, do not hesitate, make it known when you are making your room
reservation.

With this said, if you are thinking about attending, if you are somewhat
positive that you will attend, not quite sure you will attend and to those
that know that they will attend, PLEASE make your hotel reservations as soon
as possible.

Note: if you cannot attend and you have made hotel reservations, do not call
the hotel to cancel. Please call Joe Ruffalo at 973-743-0075. Joe usually
has a waiting list, as many learn about the State Convention after Thursday,
October15  if the block is not sold out, the remainder of rooms will be
released to the public.