[NFBNJ] Attention, Attention, Attention! Please register for the NFBNJ 44th State Convention so you are eligible for all the benefits of your Saturday, October 10, 2020 Registration

Ellen Sullivan ems553 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 16:00:45 UTC 2020

Subject:  NFBNJ Announces the 44th Virtual State Convention - Registration
Instructions Included Deadline October 10

Greetings to all!

With only SEVEN days remaining to register and to pay your current
Chapter/Division dues, please get to it!  GRIN!

It is important to register for the State Convention by the Saturday,
October 10 deadline since all current dues paying members who register by
the deadline will have the opportunity to vote and all who register by the
deadline will be  added to the drawing for winning door prizes.

After the deadline of October 10, registration will still be available
however, the window of opportunity to vote and be eligible for possibly
winning a door prize will be closed.

*****

>From the desk of Linda Melendez, NFBNJ First Vice-President and Chair of
State Convention Activities

Distributed by Ellen Sullivan, NFBNJ Secretary

Greetings to all!

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey (NFBNJ) is proud to
announce our 44th Annual State Convention. This year's event will be
virtual, on the Zoom platform.

Please share the information below with your friends, family, co-workers,
neighbors, etc. The state convention is open to all -- members and
non-members alike.

With warmest best wishes for an educational, motivational, and inspirational
state convention,

Linda Melendez

EVERYONE IS INVITED!

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is proud to announce our
44th Annual State Convention: "Live the Life You Want; We care, We Share, We
Grow, We Make a Difference!" And for the first time ever, this event will be
held virtually with FREE registration!

We will be conducting a Rookie Roundup for all members and nonmembers
attending the state convention on Wednesday, November 11, at 7 pm. We will
be highlighting the procedures to attend, provide an overview of the agenda,
answer questions and much more.

Details on attending via the Zoom platform will be forwarded by the end of
October.

The dates for the NFBNJ's convention are Wednesday, November 18, Thursday
November 19, Friday November 20 and will conclude on Saturday November 21,
2020.

Here is your chance to participate and learn more about the NFB's programs
and goals on the state and national level. Hear from the NFB National
Representative, Julie Deden,  Executive Director of the Colorado Center for
the Blind, Littleton, Colorado.

Also, hear from speakers on topics of national and state importance,
membership, seniors, technology sports/recreation, Braille, diabetes,
students, and parents' concerns, meet the scholarship class of 2020 and much
more!

How many reasons do you need to register by Saturday, October 10, 2020? Here
are just a few:

By registering for the state convention before the deadline, you will be
eligible to win door prizes!

If you are a current paid member with a chapter and or division, and your
dues are paid by Saturday, October 10, and you register, you are eligible to
vote in the NFBNJ election at the convention!

Registration is free: no travel costs, no hotel fees, and no expensive
restaurants

You'll help the NFBNJ collect current contact information for everyone who
registers!

You can wear casual comfy clothes and footwear of your choice to all of the
sessions, even the banquet! No need to get up early!

All of the money you save can be donated to your favorite organization, the
NFB of NJ!

To register, click on the link below:

 <https://www.nfbnj.org/state-convention/registration>
https://www.nfbnj.org/state-convention/registration

If you need assistance registering, please call Linda Melendez at (732)
421-7063 or Jane Degenshein at (973) 736-5785. Leave a message and they will
get back to you promptly.

To donate via PayPal, click on the link below:

 <https://www.nfbnj.org/state-convention/donations>
https://www.nfbnj.org/state-convention/donations

To donate by check, please make your check payable to NFBNJ and mail to:

NFBNJ  254  Spruce Street, Bloomfield, New Jersey 07003

in the memo please write, state convention.

For additional or updated state convention information visit:

 <https://www.nfbnj.org/state-convention>
https://www.nfbnj.org/state-convention

Thank you for attending our state convention!

The NFBNJ Registration Committee

 <mailto:Nfbnj1 at verizon.net> Nfbnj1 at verizon.net

 <http://www.nfbnj.org> www.nfbnj.org