[NFBNJ] Fwd: Newark Mega Vaccine Site Flyers

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Wed Mar 31 23:21:21 UTC 2021

From: Gaston, Pamela
Date: Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 1:45 PM
Subject: Newark Mega Vaccine Site Flyers

Flyers are attached for the Newark Mass Vaccination Site in English,
Portuguese, Spanish and Haitian Creole

Governor Murphy, Biden Administration Announce New Federal Pilot Community
Vaccination Center in Newark

*Major Vaccination Site Will Vaccinate 6,000 Individuals Daily at the
Naimoli Family Athletic and Recreational Facility at the New Jersey
Institute of Technology*

*NEWARK –* In partnership with the Biden Administration, Governor Phil
Murphy today announced the planned opening of a pilot Federal Emergency
Management Agency (FEMA) Community Vaccination Center located at the
Naimoli Family Athletic and Recreational Facility at the New Jersey
Institute of Technology in Newark. As part of the shared goal of the Murphy
Administration and Biden Administration to efficiently and equitably
administer COVID-19 vaccinations, the Community Vaccination Center will
have the capacity to vaccinate 6,000 individuals per day, seven days per
week. Vaccines will be provided directly from the federal government, above
and beyond the state's regular allocations. Supported by the federal
government in partnership with the New Jersey Office of Emergency
Management, the New Jersey Department of Health, Essex County, and City of
Newark, the Community Vaccination Center will target vulnerable communities
based on the Centers for Diseases Control's Social Vulnerability Index.

"Ensuring vaccine equity by reaching deep into communities with higher
risks of virus exposure and infection is among our highest priorities," *said
Governor Murphy.* "By bringing a Federal Pilot Community Vaccination Center
to New Jersey, we are one step closer to reaching our goal of vaccinating
4.7 million New Jersey adults in an efficient, effective, and equitable
manner. I am incredibly grateful to President Biden and his Administration
for not only their partnership, but their leadership and bold action, to
provide us with the vaccines and support necessary to vaccinate the public
and end the COVID-19 pandemic."

"We are continuing to bring more federally-run mass vaccination centers
online, including 3 new sites we are announcing today, in Boston,
Massachusetts, Norfolk, Virgnia, and Newark, New Jersey," *said Jeff
Zients, Counselor to the President and White House Coronavirus Response
Coordinator.*

"We are pleased to again be partnering with FEMA in expanding access to
COVID-19 vaccines to residents of underserved communities in New Jersey," *said
New Jersey Department of Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli.* "The
state's vaccination program has been guided throughout by equity, and we
are working hard to make vaccines available in areas that have been
impacted the hardest by the virus."

"FEMA and the State of New Jersey have partnered in our COVID-19 response
efforts since the onset of the pandemic," *said Tom Fargione, Acting FEMA
Regional Administrator.*"The opening of the Community Vaccination Center at
the New Jersey Institute of Technology is the latest example of the strong
collaboration between the state and FEMA. At the direction of President
Biden, the federal family across the nation is working closely with
communities hardest hit by the virus. I emphatically encourage everyone who
meets the current criteria to receive a vaccine to get one; not only to
protect yourself, but to protect those you love. Together we will ensure
every New Jerseyan who wants a vaccine can get one — equitable access is a
top priority."

"This is great news for Essex County," *said Congressman Donald M. Payne,
Jr.* "During this global pandemic, Essex County had one of the highest
COVID-19 infection and death rates in the country. The county needs this
center to increase vaccination rates, protect residents, and reopen schools
safely. I have been working with the White House, FEMA, and Governor Murphy
to get more vaccines to Essex County. I am glad to hear help is on the way."

"Getting the vaccine is the best tool we have to put an end to the
Coronavirus pandemic and allow our lives to return to normal," *said****Essex
County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr.* "We appreciate Governor Murphy
continuing to support our efforts and opening the megacenter at NJIT. The
goal is to get as many shots in people's arms and having the megacenter
will augment the work we are doing at our five vaccination sites and
through our other initiatives."

"As we've seen the detriment that COVID-19 has caused on our community and
beyond, it's extremely important for any of our residents to have access to
the vaccine if they are ready to get one," *said Newark Mayor Ras J.
Baraka.* "On behalf of the residents of the City of Newark, I am grateful
for the Biden-Harris Administration, FEMA, and Governor Murphy's leadership
in bringing more vaccines to us where we need them the most. This is our
best scientific means for protection against COVID."

For more information about eligibility, locations, and to preregister for a
vaccination, visit https://covid19.nj.gov/vaccine
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/v5xwge/33ls2aq/r24ofo>.

For more information on CDC criteria for eligibility, please click here
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/v5xwge/33ls2aq/7u5ofo>.

This E-mail, including any attachments, may be intended solely for the
personal and confidential use of the sender and recipient(s) named above.
This message may include advisory, consultative and/or deliberative
material and, as such, would be privileged and confidential and not a
public document. Any Information in this e-mail identifying a client of the
Department of Human Services is confidential. If you have received this
e-mail in error, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy, copy,
use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it and you must delete
this message. You are requested to notify the sender by return e-mail.
--

​Warmly,
Email: president at nfbnj.org
*Website: **www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>
*Facebook: **https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238*
<https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
*Twitter: **@NFBNewJersey* <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey>
*YouTube: **NFBNJTransformDreams*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>

*Live the life you want.*
*The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s
blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.*