[NFBNJ] It's NFBNJ Convention Time: Wednesday, November 10 Agenda

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Wed Nov 10 00:50:27 UTC 2021

Greetings all,
Wednesday, November 10 is day one of the anticipated NFBNJ state
Convention; Set your alarms with Siri, Alexa and Google Dot and get to Zoom
ing; Kickoff time is 9:25 AM; see details below!

PAC Plan raffle for increased or new PAC Plan pledges made during the
convention

PAC-ING FOR THE NFBNJ CONVENTION? Since our convention is virtual over
Zoom, you won’t need to pack a suitcase for the next few days. The only
PAC-ing you’ll need is by starting a PAC plan or adding to your monthly
contribution. PAC stands for Pre-Approved Contribution. Each month, the
amount you have designated automatically is deducted from your checking or
savings account. That sum, as little as $5, helps fund projects like
NFB Free White Cane program and also is used to take care of “rainy day”
expenditures that may be unexpected. There’s something additional in it for
you this year! Anyone who opens a new PAC plan or adds at least $5 to their
existing PAC plan will have their name entered into a drawing for a $25
Amazon gift card. The drawing will be held at our banquet on Saturday
evening.

To arrange for PAC Plan contributions go to www.nfb.org/pac and fill out
the form. The National Center will call you to take payment information.
You can also call 877 635 2711 or email pac at nfb.org to enroll. The National
Center will contact individuals for financial and banking information
following the convention. For additional assistance contact Mac Biggers,
NFBNJ PAC Plan Coordinator, at 801 916 9753.

Important:  If you contacted the National Center directly please be sure to
let Mac know you have set up your PAC Plan or increased it by $5 dollars or
more to be entered into the drawings.
NFB T-Shirts for Sale

Maybe some of your chapter members are new, maybe some members haven’t yet
purchased one for their wardrobe, and maybe some members and nonmembers are
looking for a spare. Our t-shirts are heather red with white print. The top
left on the front has our logo and in two lines beneath, The National
Federation of the Blind. The back in two lines says, Live the Life You
Want. Shirts are available in sizes small, medium and large. Price is $18.
To get your shirt contact Anne Marie Harris at lovey1160 at gmail.com or 856
589 8747.
Join us on Wednesday, November 10 beginning at 9:25 to hear a speech in Dr.
TenBroek’s voice about the role of the blind in a democratic society and a
selection of NFB songs from the album “Rhythm of the Movement”.

Additional music will be played throughout the day between segments.

Come back at 5:15 pm and listen to presentations from exhibitors.
Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=MUl1dnZQU1JxMkhUemdCSHZUM21HUT09

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103
Passcode: 460994

One tap mobile
+16468769923,,6477660103#,,,,*460994# US (New York)
+13017158592,,6477660103#,,,,*460994# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103
Passcode: 460994
10:00 AM to 10:55 AM–New Jersey Association of Senior Blind (NJASB)
Business Meeting

Jane Degenshein, President
We will review 2021, hold elections, share about the National Senior
Division virtual retreat, and plan for next year.

To subscribe to our NFBNJ Senior Division listserv click on the link below
https://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbnj-seniors_nfbnet.org

To subscribe to our National Senior Division listserv, click on the link
below:
11:00 AM to 11:55 AM–New Jersey Association of Blind Technology Users
(NJABTU) Business Meeting

Jane Degenshein, President
We will review 2021, hold elections and discuss what's ahead in 2022. In
addition, David DeNotaris from Pennsylvania will share some tech tips with
us.

To subscribe to our NFBNJ tech division listserv click on the link below:

1:00 PM to 1:55 PM-NFBNJ At-Large Chapter Business Meeting
Joseph Ruffalo, President
Our meeting will review the past year, highlight plans for 2022, and
discuss the importance of membership involvement in the chapter.

2:00 PM to 2:55 PM–NFBNJ Sports and Recreation Division Business Meeting

Linda Melendez, President
Join us as we review 2021, hold elections, and discuss ideas as we plan for
2022. Blind Athletes Inc. will share about their organization and how to
get involved.

To learn about our National Sports and Recreation Division visit
http://www.nfbsportsandrec.org

To join our National Sports and Recreation Division listserv visit
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/sportsandrec_nfbnet.org

Find our National Face Book Group by searching National Sports and
Recreation Division

3:00 PM to 3:50 PM–NFBNJ Braille Committee Business Meeting

Mary Jo Partyka, Chair
We will discuss Braille mentoring, the Braille Challenge, the BELL In-home
Edition, and the NLS E-reader. Our next steps will consist of determining
our goals for 2022 at our February meeting. We will have two guest speakers
this year: Deborah Kent Stein from the NFB of Illinois and Zora Stover, a
bright inquisitive eight-year -old who participated in our BELL Program and
two NJ Regional Braille Challenges (she won first place this year in her
age category.)

Our Braille committee website is
https://www.nfbnj.org/projects/

Our national website is:
NFB—Braille-Discussion

4:00 PM to 4:50 PM–NFBNJ Diabetes Committee Business Meeting
Ed Godfrey & Angela Perone, Co-Chairs
An overview of 2021 and plans for 2022. Debbie Wunder, President of
the Diabetes
Action Network, (DAN), our national division, will provide information
about their purpose, goals and objectives, and how to join. We will also
discuss various accessibility products.

7:00 PM to 7:50 PM–NFBNJ Guide Dog Committee Business Meeting

Brianna Murray, Chair
During this annual meeting we will reflect on our activities as a committee
in 2021 and discuss plans for the year ahead. We will also enjoy remarks
from a guest speaker who is influential in the guide dog movement. This
will be a valuable time to gather with local guide dog handlers, offer
feedback and suggestions, and maybe even learn something new that will
benefit you or your dog. To learn more about our committee email Brianna
Murray, Chair, at
brianna2393 at gmail.com

To join our email list, send a blank email with subscribe in the subject
line to
njagdu-request at nfbnet.org

To be involved with our NFB on a national level visit guide dogs
www.nagdu.org