[NFBNJ] Important: NFB and NFBNJ fiscal services recommendations

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Thu Mar 24 04:39:33 UTC 2022

Greetings David,

I hope this email finds you doing well.  We recognize you are a long time,
loyal and valued member and we greatly appreciate your membership and the
work you do.

During the January 2022 Capital chapter meeting I spoke to the members
about many topics including the recommendation  by National for chapters
and divisions to transfer any funds over $1200 to $1500 to the affiliate as
a line item. It was explained this money still belong to the Chapter,
however, would need to be transferred to the affiliate and upon request can
be used later for the chapter to support NFB and NFBNJ programs and
projects as well as approved Chapter projects.

The object and goal of fundraising was explained we fundraise for a purpose
of supporting programs and projects of the  NFB and NFBNJ and then repeat
the cycle.   In addition, it was also explained funds are not a savings
account and should not be treated like one.

Since then multiple conversations have occurred between you, Chapter
President Partyka and myself to help you better understand.

Despite all the communications and clarifications shared with you. Last
week you reached out to John Pare who then forwarded your email to fiscal
services requesting documentation and Information. Bridget Burke provided
you  with a comprehensive email explanation. Apparently, this explanation
was not satisfactory to you so you emailed our  Outreach department for
additional information. This email was also forwarded to fiscal services;
 Bridget Burke.

In my opinion, with Bridgets explanation your inquiries should have stopped
there.To further assist you and understanding why we do this on Monday,
March 21 you,  Chapter  President  Partyka and myself had a zoom meeting
where I explained the process to you in great detail and gave you an
opportunity to ask questions which you did and I answered. I felt after
this meeting this matter was put to rest.

I was surprised to hear that after the meeting  you reached out to
President Partyka requesting to send an email to your Chapter members about
this matter. I strongly recommended that she not allow you to send this
email.

Today you emailed Annemarie Cooke, Affiliate  treasure requesting
additional information. I am baffled with your continued inquiries and
requests  pertaining  to this issue.

David this has  been going on for a few months now and I need to ask you to
please stop pursuing this matter. You are dreaming our resources With the
continued communications on a national, affiliate and chapter  level.

There is much work to be done in the Federation and revisiting the same
issue over and over gets in the way of accomplishing our goals. In
addition, it is very frustrating to me.

Please know we are all Im communication with each otheron this issue.
Further communications from you  where results in me speaking with
 President Riccobono for guidance.

Again David, we appreciate your membership, dedication and continued
efforts in the work you do!

Please note, I have copied the NFBNJ Board of Directors and President
Riccobono on this email.

president at nfbnj.org
www.nfbnj.org
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238