[NFBNJ] FW: Upcoming VLANJ ARISE Speaker Series- Lonnie Bedwell- May 18, 2022

Linda Melendez president at nfbnj.org
Thu May 5 13:45:19 UTC 2022

*From:* Elsa Zavoda <EZavoda at vlanj.org> *Sent:* Thursday, May 5, 2022 9:21
AM*Subject:* Upcoming VLANJ ARISE Speaker Series- Lonnie Bedwell- May 18,
2022

*Hello everyone,*

*We are pleased to announce the next edition of our ARISE Speaker Series on
Wednesday May 18, 2022, at 7pm.  *

*VLANJ ARISE Speaker Series- "Achieving Resilience, Inspiration, &
Self-Empowerment"*

*This speaker series will include a variety of topics to motivate and
inspire you to achieve your best self. You will engage with speakers who
bring a wide perspective in sharing their stories, life experiences, and
expertise to achieve a more positive mindset. Topics are inspirational and
educational, balancing practical life tasks, to pursuing creative arts and
encourage you to move towards your personal and professional goals, and a
feeling of greater self-empowerment.*

*We are excited to welcome our next guest speaker, Lonnie Bedwell.... Blind
Military Veteran. Extreme Adventure Athlete. Motivational Speaker. Author.
Lonnie's mission is to motivate and inspire others to embrace life with
confidence & courage. Lonnie is dedicated to helping veterans and many
others enjoy full lives and while he is an advocate for the blind,
blindness does not define either him or his efforts on behalf of others.
Lonnie has appeared on The Today Show and Steve Harvey and has been
featured in countless publications. He’s the author of the award-winning
book 226 (the length in miles of the Colorado River stretch through the
Grand Canyon) and shares his passion for life and adventure with audiences
around the country. Lonnie has climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, summited several of
North America’s highest mountains, rock climbs, and is an avid downhill
skier when he has time away from roofing work in his hometown of Duggar,
IN.*

*Time: Wednesday, May 18, 2022, at 7pm*

*Register here: **https://bit.ly/VLANJ_ARISE_Speaker_Series*
<https://bit.ly/VLANJ_ARISE_Speaker_Series>

*Please note:  If you are already registered for the ARISE Speaker Series,
you do not need to re-register for this specific event.  You will receive
confirmation via email prior to May 18th.*

*If you have any questions or would like assistance in registering for any
of our programs, please contact us.  Our Program Director, Linda Groszew
can be contacted at (973) 627-0055, prompt #4 or lgroszew at vlanj.org
<lgroszew at vlanj.org>.*

*Join us for this uplifting and inspiring event! This event is free of
charge through the generosity of grant funding.*

*Best Regards,*

*VLANJ Staff*

Elsa Zavoda, MS OTR/L, SCLV, CLVT

VP of Programs

Vision Loss Alliance of New Jersey

155 Morris Ave., Suite 2
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/155+Morris+Ave.,+Suite+2+Denville,+NJ+07834?entry=gmail&source=g>

Denville, NJ 07834
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/155+Morris+Ave.,+Suite+2+Denville,+NJ+07834?entry=gmail&source=g>

Phone: (973) 627-0055, prompt 3

Email: ezavoda at vlanj.org

 Transforming Lives, One Individual at a Time

president at nfbnj.org
www.nfbnj.org
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238