[Nfbo-announce] NFB BELL Program Facility

President carla at mainstreetmontessori.org
Mon Feb 10 19:06:36 UTC 2014

Good Day,

As many of you know, the NFB of Oregon is planning to conduct a BELL Program (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning) in the Portland area this summer.  This is a day camp for blind children ages 4-12.  We thought we were going to be able to use space at the Columbia Regioal offices, but I just learned that that is not the case.

Does anyone have an idea or a connection to a place we could use?  Here are the particulars:

* We'll need space for about 10-12 kids, plus a few adults and teachers

* A playground, park, or other outside space for play

* Som place that is accessible by public transportation

* A kitchen would be nice, but not required

If anyone has a thought on this, please get back to me ASAP.  We need to secure a location before sending out the information, which should go out in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you.

Carla McQuillan
President, NFB of Oregon
Executive Director