[Nfbo-announce] 2016 NFB of Oregon State Convention

Kirk Wagner kwagner8197 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 04:46:32 UTC 2016

Carla mcQuillan asked me to send out the preliminary agenda for this year’s NFB of Oregon State convention which is included in this email.  In addition we are, once again offering the convenience of registering for the convention online at the NFB of Oregon website.  Here is the link to the convention information and registration:

http://www.nfb-oregon.org/home/events/convention/nfb_of_oregon_2016_convention_info.php <http://www.nfb-oregon.org/home/events/convention/nfb_of_oregon_2016_convention_info.php>

This agenda is also available for download from the website and is attached to this email.

The National Federation of the Blind of Oregon
Annual State Convention
October 14-16, 2016
Hilton Garden Inn
3528 Gateway Street
Springfield, OR 97477
President:  Carla McQuillan

				"WE ARE HERE FOR YOU"

Tentative Agenda
	A detailed agenda will be posted by September 15, 2016.

Friday Afternoon

1:00-3:00 	Student Seminar
1:00-3:00	Parents of Blind Children Seminar
3:00-4:30	Resolutions Committee Meeting
4:30-6:00	Chapter/Division Meetings

Friday Evening

6:30		No Host Bar and Hors 'D oeuvres
7:00		"Murder Among the Maties"  an interactive murder  mystery with a Pirate Theme.
 		Dressing in pirate garb is appropriate.

8:30		Auction

Saturday Morning

9:00-12:00	General Sessions
122:00-1:30   	Luncheon with Keynote
1:30-5:00		Break Out Sessions

Saturday Evening

6:30		No Host Bar
7:00		Banquet
		Keynote Address: James Brown, President, NFB of Tennessee and member of 				the National Board of Directors
		Scholarship Awards
		Other Awards

Sunday Morning

9:00-11:00	Business Meeting
		Elections

Registration Fees

Registration	$10
Meal Pacjafe	$70. ( Fri. Reception, Sat. Lunch. and Banquet)

Individual Meals

Reception	$25
Lunch		$25
Banquet		$35

Hotel
Room Rate	$92+tax (includes full breakfast at the restaurant)

Hotel reservations should be made through the state office.

NFB of Oregon
5005 Main Street
Springfield, OR. 97478
541-653-9153