[Nfbo-announce] Announcement: Salem Seminar information

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 16 17:47:57 UTC 2017

2017 Legislative Seminar

February 25-27

Hampton Inn,

510 Hawthorne Ave. SE

Salem Oregon

Beginning on Saturday at noon, we will be discussing a number of Affiliate
projects, including the 2017 BELL Academy, National Convention, and State
Convention.  On Sunday, we will fo over the legislative issues that we will
bring to our Representatives and Senators on Monday when we go to the
Capitol.  This year's Legislative Agenda includes, but is not limited to the
following:

*  The Parent's Bill of Rights- Protects parents from losing their children
due to their disability

*  Newsline- Secures a funding source for Newsline through telephone fees

The hotel rate is $91 per night, and includes breakfast.  Reservations are
to be made through me.

The meal package is $35, which includes lunch and dinner both Sat. And Sun,
and a sack lunch at the capitol.

National Convention Assistance

Requests are due February 25

The National Convention will be held in Orlando Florida July 10-15, 2017.
If you would like to attend and need financial assistance, please send your
request to president at nfb-oregon.org

Your letter of request should include the following:

*  Your participation in NFB activities, local, state, and National

*  The amount you are requesting and why

Please note:  If you have not attended a National Convention before, you may
be able to get a Jernigan Fund Scholarship from National.  Information about
how to apply is on the NFB website.  Eligible members are expected to apply
for this scholarship.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Carla McQuillan

President, NFB of Oregon