[Nfbo-announce] HB 3392: Your support is needed

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 14 18:24:15 UTC 2017

Hello:

     Carla asked me to post this information regarding HB 3392. This is the
bill to protect the rights of blind parents. The text of the attachment is
shown below.

Regards,

Robert

Robert Jaquiss, Affiliate Secretary

The Blind Parents Bill of Rights legislation that was sponsored by
Representative Piluso, at the request of the National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon, has been introduced!  House Bill 3392 would protect
children who are or may be parented by blind individuals.  It would
establish procedures for determining a blind individuals right to parent
their children, or to become a foster care or adoptive parent.

Please support our efforts to eliminate discrimination against parents,
based solely on their blindness!

You can help!

Please contact your Senators and Representatives to let them know the bill
number, and assure them that we will be in touch as it moves through
committee and eventually to the floor for a vote.  You can also be present
and testify at any of the hearings that will be scheduled on this bill.

For questions related to this bill, please contact:

Ryan McBee, Legislative Coordinator

5503-545-7735

McBee.ryan at gmail.com

OR