[Nfbo-linn-benton] Meeting Highlights

Kristen Jocums kjocums at icloud.com
Mon Aug 29 14:23:47 UTC 2016

We had a great time at our Chapter meeting on Saturday!Here’s an update if
you didn’t have a chance to come:

·          We received a $100 donation from the Elk’s Club – thank you!

·         We are ready to move forward on submitting a request for funding
for the Dark Café from our National Office

·         Sally Utt did a great job with our new Tech Corner –presenting
information on Yes Chef, a new recipe app which works fairly well with Voice
Over

Upcoming events

·         September 10 at 10 am at Coffee Culture on Kings Blvd – committee
meeting for planning our October 22 Meet the Blind month activity

·         September 15 – college scholarship applications due – email
kjocums at icloud.com if interested

·         September 24 at 10, Co-Op meeting room – Meet and Greet for new
members/Tech Corner – using the rotor on I devices

·         October 14-16 State Convention in Springfield/Eugene

·         October 22 at 10 am, location TBD – Meet the Blind activity – What
is the White Cane, anyway? – educating the community about the long white
cane

Call if you have questions or want to help!

Kristen Jocums

L-B Chapter

NFBO