[Nfbo-linn-benton] Meeting Highlights

Kristen Jocums kjocums at icloud.com
Tue Aug 30 03:07:16 UTC 2016

You can buy one and have her use it IN school.  Jazzy has an INDIVIDUALIZED
plan, so it should be governed by Jazzy’s needs.  As far as the NFB’s
position on it:  You bet we believe in it.  Because it is longer it detects
obstacles sooner and allows you to move more quickly and accurately when you
are in an open area.  You can still use it in a pencil grip style when you
are in a crowd and don’t want to trip anyone.  The basic idea is to give the
blind person the ability to choose the appropriate technique for the
situation.

Kristen Jocums, JD

kjocums at icloud.com

Peaceful Family Solutions, LLC