[NFBO-Linn-benton] meeting reminder

Kristen Jocums kjocums at icloud.com
Mon Jan 21 15:54:04 UTC 2019

Join us for Annual Elections and other business of the Linn-Benton Chapter
meeting on 1/28/19 at 6 at the New Morning Bakery 219 SW 2nd St, Corvallis.
The agenda is below.

L-B Chapter meeting Agenda

Monday January 28 at 6 at New Morning Bakery

1.  6 pm - Brief introductions/check in

2.   6:15

State and National news – we are a part of a movement

  a. Presidential Release – National update by Arona

b.  State – kristen – NFB Connections list; Member’s Seminar 3/9-11;
Parent’s Bill; DHS; National Convention assistance letters

3.  6:35 pm - Chapter business

  a. Minutes and treasurer’s report

  b. Chapter dues - $5 per person

C. elections – President, VP, Treasurer and Secretary

  D. member’s seminar - who is going 3/9-11 and how much will Chapter pay,
if any?

e. Dark Café planning

  5.   7:25 pm - wrap up - who is handling Presidential Release next time?

6.  7:30 pm – Adjourn

Highlights from November 2018 Chapter meeting:

1.  Guest conversations:

The Linn-Benton Chapter of the NFB thanks Dial a Bus for engaging in a
dialogue about the use of comfort animals by its drivers and how it affects
customers.  We commend Dial a Bus for its commitment to first rate service
as shown by its willingness to engage with customers and explore options for
mutual understanding and desirable outcomes.

2.   Chapter business

  a. Dark café – we achieved our educational goal; we will discuss other
ways to reach out at our next Chapter meeting

b. National and state news – we’re getting ready for the legislative season
and planning for members’ seminar

Upcoming events:

a. Next Chapter meeting:  February 25 at 6 pm

  b. Member’s seminar March 9-11 in Salem w/ legislative session - get
registration in and submit letters for nat’l convention assistance

Kristen Jocums, J.D.

Mediator and Parent Coordinator

Peaceful Family Solutions, LLC

993 NW Circle Blvd. Ste. C