[NFBO-Linn-benton] resend; ; Agust Minutes

sally sallycu998 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 20:01:33 UTC 2021

Hello, again,

Correct August minutes are pasted below;

Linn-Benton Chapter Minutes;  August 24, 2021

Zoom Meeting; 6:30pm

Present at the meeting were;

Andrea Barnhurst, John Gardner, Carolyn Gardner, Natalie Charboneau, Sally
Utt, Meagan Ahleman (our guest speaker)

GUEST PRESENTATION

Meagan Ahleman joined our meeting to talk to us about NWABA ,(Northwest
Association for Blind Athletes).

This is an organization that serves blind and low vision athletes of all
ages in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana.

NWABA has programs in the following areas;

*Sports Outreach;  in person activities, and  virtual workouts

*Youth Outreach;  Camp Sparks, a summer camp for youth

*Sports Adaptations and Lending Equipment

*Sports Teams;  dragon boat, and goal ball

*Scholarships

*Increasing Visibility.

To learn more about their programs you cam visit their

website at;        <http://www.nwaba.org> www.nwaba.org

Or call ;     360-448-7254

 <mailto:Mahleman at nwaba.org> Mahleman at nwaba.org

MINUTES

John moved to approve the July minutes, and Carolyn seconded the motion, and
the minutes were accepted.

TREASURER'S REPORT

Over the month there was an addition of $5 to our account. There is now
$2580.14 in our checking account, and $5 in our savings account.

John moved to approve the report, and Sally seconded the motion, and the
August Treasurer's Report was accepted.

Dial A Bus (DAB) vs Benton Area Transit (BAT)

This issue is confusing, and troubling. Below is a list of issues we are
trying to understand;

*DAB and BAT are operating differently, and Bat can only transport clients
within Benton County, whereas DAB has been operating as an inter county
resource. (It's still unclear just why this is happening, but it does not
seem to be only about funding, but maybe more about people on committees
making decisions.)

*Also, BAT will only transport clients who qualify under ADA requirements,
where as DAB can pick up both those who meet ADA and  Paratransit
requirements.

*DAB drivers are used to drive BAT vehicles, which are vans, but are not
allowed to use DAB sedans. As ridership increases again, using only their
vans, BAT will most likely not be able to meet the demand for rides.

*In order to meet the needs of increasing ridership, BAT is suggesting that
DAB offer private services for a fee.

ALBANY TRANSIT COMMITTEE

Andrea has joined this committee, which is tasked with updating the City of
Albany's ADA "Rights of Way".  These upgrades will begin with traffic
signaling, public transportation, and downtown parking,

If anyone has any thoughts about this they can email Andrea with their
ideas, and she will pass them along.

STATE CONVENTION

At this point in time, the convention is still going to be an in person
event in November.

NEXT MEETING

We will meet next on September 27, at 6:30pm, on Zoom.

Respectfully submitted,

Sally Utt