[NFBofAlaska] Holiday Party, we missed you!

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 06:19:29 UTC 2020

Holiday Greetings,

Just a note to fill everyone in as to our NFB of Alaska Holiday party held
last Saturday, December 12. We enjoyed the "Charlie Brown Christmas," short
television show which was aired the first time in the 1960's. Though I have
been present many times when it has been on television, I have never had it
described to me and it was delightful just to know what was taking place on
the screen.

We were then honored to have each person in attendance share something - a
talent, music and stories. We then had 3 drawings. The winner all live in
the Kenai area and one was a guest, a recent move-in from New York.

Thank you to those who attended. Your presence at our meetings is what
brings us closer as an affiliate and helps further the important work of the
federation.

I'd like to send a heart-felt thanks to our affiliate board for their
attentiveness to helping our organization reach Blind and low vision
Alaskans. Each is dedicated and I owe them a great deal of gratitude for
their efforts. Thank you Pam Van Hoozer (first vice president), William
Craig (second vice president), Brian Blair (secretary), Carmen Jameson
(Treasurer), Candy Powell (Board Member at Large), and last but not least,
Katie Lester (Board Member at Large). You all rock! If you happen to
interact with any of these individuals in the future, let them know how
fortunate we are to have them working in our NFB of Alaska Affiliate!

As 2020 turns into 2021, I am honored to be your president in a vibrant and
forward moving organization that strives constantly to empower its members
and all blind people to learn what it takes to live their lives according to
their dreams. Even as someone who has always been blind, the NFB changed my
life and I have always desired, since joining this organization, to pass
that change on to others. Please call me any time if you have a need to
discuss how you might participate or be supported as you participate in our
organization.

Have a warm Holiday, whatever your celebration entails. This has been a very
difficult year for so many and my heart is touched and aches for those who
have experienced illness, loneliness and death as we have ventured to
survive a complicated and difficult time. May 2021 bring a greater sense of
healing and happiness to all.

Warmest regards,

Bonnie Lucas

President

National Federation of the Blind of Alaska

907-301-6808

 <mailto:nfbofalaska at gmail.com> nfbofalaska at gmail.com

 <mailto:nfbofalaska at gmail.com> nfbalaska.org

blindness is not what holds you back.