[NFBofAlaska] Public testimony regarding services received from DVR, read carefully for instructions!

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:01:11 UTC 2020

Dear current or former DVR Participant,

My name is Dave Bérube, and I am the Chair of the State Vocational
Rehabilitation Committee (SVRC). The SVRC invites you to share your
experience working with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
during the public testimony portion of our upcoming meeting.

The committee will hear public testimony via telephone on October 20, from
12:00 to 12:30 p.m. If you are unavailable during that time, you can also
share your public testimony regarding DVR via email or written letter. See
directions for all methods of providing public testimony below under, “How
to Give Public Testimony”.

Who We Are

SVRC members are Alaskans with disabilities, employers, and representatives
of state and community agencies. We are appointed by the Governor to
collaborate with DVR to develop and evaluate the VR program. We value your
comments and believe you provide a unique perspective on this program. We
will use your comments to evaluate current practices and to help plan for
the future of DVR.

How to Give Public Testimony

Those who call-in will have three minutes to speak their testimony.
Additional testimony can be submitted in writing. You can find tips on
giving public testimony at our website: www.labor.alaska.gov/
<http://www.labor.alaska.gov/svrc/> svrc/.

To Submit Public Testimony

You can find tips on presenting your public testimony at our website:
www.labor.alaska.gov/ <http://www.labor.alaska.gov/svrc/> svrc/.

1. Send an email with your testimony to dol. <mailto:dol.svrc at Alaska.gov>
svrc at Alaska.gov or a fax to Jason Caputo at 907-465-2856. Your email or fax
should include your permission to read it aloud at the public meeting and be
sent by 5:00 p.m., October 19, 2020.

2. Call in to the meeting on October 20, 2020. To do so, contact Jason
Caputo at jason.caputo at alaska.gov <mailto:jason.caputo at alaska.gov>  or
465-6933 by October 19, to get a code to join the conference. Then, on
October 20, between 12:00 to 12:30 p.m. call toll free: 1-866-899-4679 and,
when prompted, enter the code.

You may hear the meeting in session when you call. We will check the phone
line periodically and will put your name on a list if there are other people
before you giving testimony.

3. Write a letter with your testimony, and include your permission to read
aloud at the public meeting.

If we get your testimony the day of or after the meeting, we will read it at
a future SVRC meeting.

David Berube

SVRC Chairperson

PO Box 115516

Juneau, AK 99811-5516

Note: Emailed or written testimony received after the above mentioned
deadline will be read at a future SVRC quarterly public meeting.

The SVRC promotes the employment and rehabilitation of people with
disabilities by creating statewide interest in disability issues,
encouraging cooperation among individuals, public agencies, private
organizations, and businesses, in obtaining assistance for, and education
about, people with disabilities. For more information visit:
www.labor.alaska.gov/ <http://www.labor.alaska.gov/svrc> svrc.

The State of Alaska, Department of Labor and Workforce Development, complies
with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals
attending the meeting who require special accommodations should contact
Jason Caputo at 1-800-478-2815 or at 907-465-6933 or jason.caputo at alaska.gov
<mailto:jason.caputo at alaska.gov> . Please contact us in advance and allow
enough time so that arrangements for the accommodation can be made.

Bonnie Lucas

President

National Federation of the Blind of Alaska

907-301-6808

 <mailto:nfbofalaska at gmail.com> nfbofalaska at gmail.com

 <mailto:nfbofalaska at gmail.com> nfbalaska.org

blindness is not what holds you back.