[NFBofAlaska] FW: Alaska Center for the Blind Support Groups for August, Please read!

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 01:52:45 UTC 2021

From: Bonnie Lucas <BLucas at AlaskaBVI.org>
Sent: Monday, August 2, 2021 1:25 PM
Subject: Alaska Center for the Blind Support Groups for August

Greeting to All!

Here's hoping that you've had a pleasant summer and been able to get out
some. I've found it to be quite cool, such that our raspberries haven't
ripened, definitely slower than usual.

Good news. our Support Group is beginning again. Remember, the time is
Wednesday at 1:00. Unlike other months, we will be having a special guest on
the first Wednesday, August 4th. Patrick Curtis, the program director from
the Anchorage Senior Center. will be talking about food programs run by the
Senior Center. He will also share information about the other activities
that folks can participate in at the Center. Everyone is welcome to attend
via Zoom, but this presentation will pertain mostly to Anchorage residents.

You may find the zoom link and phone number as well as the remainder of the
August schedule below.

ZOOM LINK:

<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86818066187?pwd=b2YxQS9YZHAwaHNaS3ZGK0svWktEdz09>
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86818066187?pwd=b2YxQS9YZHAwaHNaS3ZGK0svWktEdz09

Meeting ID: 868 1806 6187

Passcode: 1111

One tap Mobile, (346) 248-7799,,86818066187#,,,,*1111#

(The numbers can be dialed in by hand or you may tap it with a single tap on
a smart phone.)

Schedule:

*      August 11: Deborah Kendrick, award winning blind author will discuss
her latest book, "When Your Ears Can't Help Your Eyes See."

*      August 18, back to the kitchen, gadgets, ideas and more. (Hopefully
we will be able to meet in person and include the Zoomers!

August 25: The benefits of Humor presented by Bonnie Lucas and Kevin
Whitley. If you know Kevin, you know he tells more jokes than almost anyone!
Come find out just what science has shown about the importance of humor.

Questions? Call 907-301-6808

Please spread the word so more can join us!

Bonnie Lucas, MS, CVRT, MSW

Older Blind Coordinator, Braille and Technology Instructor

Equipping Alaskans for Success

Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired

3903 Taft Drive

Anchorage, Alaska  99517

Phone: (907) 248-7770    Direct: (907) 771-4306

www.alaskabvi.org       www.facebook.com/alaskabvi

The Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Call or visit our website
to learn more about how our work transforms lives.

This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, copying or distribution of any of its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, kindly
contact the sender