[NFBofAlaska] High importance: Very Sad News...

lucas.bonnie at gmail.com lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Sun May 30 19:31:16 UTC 2021

Hello to All,

Due to our traveling, I have sorely neglected to get this information out to
our mailing list. I apologize for this oversight.

About 1 ½ weeks ago, Tom Torvie, one of our newer members, suffered a major
stroke. Sadly, he passed away last Tuesday. I will let you know more about
remembering him. Tom and his band, the Nuther Brothers played for our last
Chili Night in February fund raiser and their music was loved by all. We
will miss Tom deeply.

Tom has also been instrumental in gathering support for finding a way to get
the state of Alaska to fund newsLine. We will continue to do what we can to
make this happen. If you are interested in helping, please let me know and
we can include you as we work towards this lofty goal!

Warmest Regards,

Bonnie

Bonnie Lucas
President
National Federation of the Blind of Alaska
Cell: 907-301-6808

Email: lucas.bonnie at gmail.com <mailto:lucas.bonnie at gmail.com>

Web: alaskanfb.org <https://alaskanfb.org/>
blindness is not what holds you back.