[Nfbofnc] Magic program problem

sharon_newton sharon_newton at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 14:59:06 UTC 2009

I am trying the latest demo version of Magic (Freedom Scientific program) and am having problems with it.  The print is choppy and fuzzy, especially when magnified.  There are other problems too.  When JAWS and Magic are running together (they are suppose to be compatible) Magic does not visually track correctly.  When I pull up Word 2007 the bottom right corner symbols are superimposed on top of the title bar.  I am running Vista, also Windows Mail.  Has anyone had these problems?  Can you direct me to any adaptive technology list serves that might help?

My computer instructor ran Magic on her computer and another computer with the same result.  She has much experience, but nothing she has tried has helped.  We uninstalled/reinstalled Magic.  Grant Patterson from Freedom Scientific, screen printed his screens to her with Magic on them, and she said it is still fuzzy and choppy.  However, Freedom Scientific says thousands of people have switched from ZoomText to Magic and have had no complaints.  He says we are the first.

Thanks to all who read this!  I appreciate your time and help.

Sharon Newton