[Nfbofnc] FW: Deadline for the Santa Fe and Taos trip is Aug. 3

Tim Jones tjnc2 at carolina.rr.com
Mon Jul 27 20:59:08 UTC 2009

F y I

Tim Jones
Phone: 704-491-1486
Email: tjnc2 at carolina.rr.com

  _____

From: Mind's Eye Travel [mailto:mindseyetravel at myfairpoint.net]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 2:40 PM
To: Sue
Subject: Deadline for the Santa Fe and Taos trip is Aug. 3

We just completed our Discover the Coast of Maine trip and had a great
group. Even though the weather was soggy, I was able to rearrange our
schedule to get all three boating excursions in. We even saw fin back and
minkie whales on our whale watch.

Our deadline for the Santa Fe and Taos trip is this Sunday, August 3rd. We
need a few more people to round out our group, so if you are interested
please reply to this email and let me know. September is a wonderful time to
go to the Southwest, warm days and cool nights.

SANTA FE and TAOS

Five days and four nights - September 16 - 20, 2009

Prices: $1,195 per person double occupancy or $1,595 single.

Included: Deluxe accommodations in the heart of Santa Fe for four nights,
dinners for two nights, day excursion to Taos, one lunch and all activities
as outlined below.

The wonderfully atmospheric small city of Santa Fe boasts the oldest public
building, church, private house and neighborhood in the US. Our adobe hotel,
the La Fonda, is a landmark structure, grandly situated on Santa Fe's
historic Plaza. We'll be just steps from restaurants, shops, galleries and
museums.

Sample Itinerary (subject to change)

Wednesday, September 16

3:00 - 5:00: Arrival & check-in at the La Fonda; unpack and relax.

6:00: Meet & Greet dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.

Thursday, September 17

We'll spend our morning on a walking tour, starting on the Old Santa Fe
Trail and ending at the 'miraculous stairway' at the Loretto Chapel.

Lunch will be authentic Mexican at a favorite cantina. Afterward, we head
over to Museum Hill for a private 'hands-on' presentation that allows us to
appreciate these historic pieces of art by touch.

. Free for dinner

Friday, September 18

An all-day excursion to Taos (less than a two-hour drive). In the morning
we'll have a guided trolley tour of the town, the old church and Taos
Pueblo. We'll be escorted through the Pueblo by a tribe member, who will
tell us of its thousand-year history.

. Free for lunch in Taos

After lunch we'll have a private tour of Kit Carson's home before our return
to Santa Fe.

Free for dinner.

Saturday, September 19

On our last day, we board a train at the historic depot in Santa Fe for a
comfortable ride in vintage cars to Lamy, a sleepy little village 18 miles
southeast of Santa Fe that recalls the turn-of-the-century Wild West.

. Free for lunch in Lamy

This afternoon we are invited to a private, hands-on tour of a landmark
Santa Fe gallery famous for its wide selection of Native American artwork,
including jewelry, pots, rugs. clothing and Kachina dolls. Personal shoppers
will be available as sighted guides, if needed.

Sunday, September 20

After breakfast it will be time to check out of the La Fonda and begin the
journey home.

Hope you can join us

 <http://www.mindseyetravel.com/> www.mindseyetravel.com

207-542-4438