[Nfbofnc] When It Rains, It Pours

Gary H. Ray ghraynfbofnc at charter.net
Mon Jun 8 17:50:23 UTC 2009

Fellow NC Federationists:

Well, on top of the bad news about the Governor Morehead School, we have
finally found out that the House Appropriations Subcommittee for DHHS has
not put our Newsline money in their proposed budget.  We got it in the
Senate version under the Accessible Information Service for the Blind and
Disabled, but not under the House version.

We may have a chance to get it in by contacting the full Appropriations
Committee.  I have already sent everyone the info on those folks as part of
my GMS posts.  I am inserting the Senate wording below and attached.  I am
also inserting and attaching our NFB Fact Sheet.

When you talk to these folks, we need to use the name Accessible Information
Service for the Blind and Disabled, because they will not know the name
Newsline.

OK, folks, now is the time for all good Federationists to come to the aid of
our Newsline program..

Get on them!

Gary Ray
President