[Nfbofnc] Holiday Push on Louis Braille Coin Sales

Gary H. Ray ghraynfbofnc at charter.net
Sun Nov 15 19:57:39 UTC 2009

Fellow NC Federationists:

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  Well, er, ah, take my word
for it!

I have bought several Louis Braille silver dollars for Christmas presents.
They make great presents.

You must order your coins BEFORE December 12.  I have no idea why that
deadline is there, but I have seen it in a number of places.  We had
originally thought we could buy right up to December 31, but apparently not.

All unsold coins will be melted down after the end of the year so if you
have not bought a coin, you need to take a load of Santa and get them
ordered.

How to order Braille coins from the U.S. Mint

Online:
Go to: catalog.usmint.gov
In left hand column select commemoratives.
3 choices: proof, uncirculated, uncirculated with easy open capsule Select
your choice and order.

By phone:
Call 800-872-6468 (800-usa-mint)

Prices:
Uncirculated with (or without) easy open capsule:  $33.95
Proof: $41.95

Shipping costs - about $5.00 per order