[Nfbofnc] Meet the Blind Month Activity in Asheville

Gary H. Ray ghraynfbofnc at charter.net
Fri Oct 2 13:17:06 UTC 2009

Fellow NC Federationists:

The Buncombe County Chapter (BFB) is holding its Meet the Blind month
activity tomorrow (October 3) at Starbucks on Charlotte Street in Asheville.

This is also a Braille Read-In event.  The Braille Read-In is a event
sponsored by the Braille Literacy Council.  NFB is a founding member of the
BLC.  We are trying to focus our literacy efforts through BLC.  The BLC
voted to join with NFB in efforts to sell Louis Braille coins in order to
raise funds for braille literacy.

We will read, write, and talk about braille tomorrow.  We will have ordering
information for Louis Braille coins.

We challenge other chapters to hold Meet the Blind events and to report on
them on this list.

Salute!

Gary Ray
President, NFB of NC