[Nfbofnc] legislative update

Herman Gruber hermangruber at verizon.net
Mon Jun 14 16:05:53 UTC 2010

Legislative update.

There cause for optimism concerning Newsline and resolving the school issue. I think we're in the short rows now, but  there is still more work to do.

 1. We still need to push transfer of the schools from OES to DPI until it is done. 2. The Senate included $75,000 in its budget for Accessible Electronic Information System, but we still have to get the House to concur. you will find a list of the members of the DHHS Conference committee. You and your chapters need to call or email them. If you email paste the following in your poast-- I support moving the Governor Morehead School for the Blind and the two schools for the Deaf from OES immediately and transferring them to DPI--.Don't forget to ask for funding for Newsline.  If you call just use the main switchboard number 919-733-4111. The emails are listed below. Please get as many of your chapter members involved in this as possible.

Many Thanks.

Here's your list.

Senator William Purcell william.purcell at ncleg.net

Senator Doug Berger doug.berger at ncleg.net

Senator Martin Nesbitt martin.nesbitt at ncleg.net

Senator Charlie Dannelly charlie.dannelly at ncleg.net

Representative verla Insko verla.insko at ncleg.net

Representative Beverly Earle beverly.earle at ncleg.net

Representative Bob England bob.england at ncleg.net

Representative Jean.Farmer-Butterfield at ncleg.net

Representative William Brisson william.brisson at ncleg.net

Representative Jeffrey Barnhart jefjeff.barnhart at ncleg.net

Randy Stewart randy.stewart at ncleg.net

            Thanks for being a part of changing what it means to be blind in North Carolina.