[Nfbofnc] FW: NFB-NEWSLINE Adds Lion Magazine

charles parker angusparker at suddenlink.net
Mon Aug 31 20:46:58 UTC 2015

FYI

Charles Parker

From: Scott White [mailto:swhite at nfb.org]
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:00 PM
To: Charles Parker
Subject: NFB-NEWSLINE Adds Lion Magazine

August 31, 2015

NFB-NEWSLINE is happy to announce the addition of LION Magazine, the
publication of the Lions Clubs International, to our list of magazines.

This magazine, published eleven times a year (July and August are combined)
represents the services rendered by Lions Clubs International throughout the
United States and the world. In over two hundred countries, in hospitals and
senior centers, in regions battered by natural disaster, in schools and
eyeglass recycling centers, Lions are doing community volunteer work,
helping, leading, planning, and supporting. Because Lions Clubs are local,
they serve the unique needs of the communities they live in. Lions Clubs
support sight programs and services including vision screenings, eye banks
and eyeglass recycling, provide eye care services to those at risk of losing
their sight, and raise donations through campaigns like SightFirst and
Campaign SightFirst II.

Lions Clubs believe everyone deserves a healthy life. From providing health
programs that focus on hearing loss to supporting efforts to control and
prevent diabetes, Lions volunteers are working to improve the health of
children and adults around the world.

Lions empower the next generation. Whether it's providing youth volunteer
opportunities and leadership experiences in a Leo club or sharing a message
of peace through the Peace Poster contest, Lions Clubs' youth programs
invest in the future by reaching out to young people.

Lions Clubs serve local communities and protect the planet. From performing
hands-on community work and service projects to providing emergency
assistance, Lions Clubs' community and environment programs improve
communities and protect the environment.

LION Magazine promotes the service of the Lions Clubs around the world and
their philosophy of "We Serve." It is full of articles about successful
service programs and the people who help achieve these goals.

LION Magazine can be found by pressing "7" off the main menu for
"Magazines," then press "6" for "General Interest."

Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team

NFB-NEWSLINE, a service of the National Federation of the Blind

blindness is not what holds you back.