[Nfbofsc] The SC Blind Persons Right to Parent Act

Parnell Diggs parnell at sccoast.net
Wed May 7 00:42:59 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,
Please be advised that a subcommittee hearing has been scheduled on the SC Blind Persons Right to Parent Act tomorrow, Wednesday, May 7, 1 1/2 hours after the House of Representatives adjourns. Unfortunately, we just received word of the amended agenda, and thus were not able to provide more advanced notice. As we have noted, however, the legislative process is highly unpredictable.
At this late date, I realize it will be difficult to arrange a large contingent of members to be on hand tomorrow, especially with Thursday's Advocacy Day for Access and Independence occurring less than 24 hours later. For those who can arrange it, the Family Law Subcommittee will meet in room 516 of the Blatt Building. Since we do not know what time the House will adjourn, we cannot even give a precise time for the Subcommittee Hearing, but we will provide new information as soon as it becomes available. Thank you for all you do.

Parnell Diggs, Esq.
President
National Federation of the Blind
 of South Carolina