[Nfbofsc] COLUMBIA CHAPTER NEWSLETTER

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Fri Oct 10 17:14:48 UTC 2014

COLUMBIA CHAPTER NEWSLETTER

OCTOBER 10, 2014

MARRIOTT FOR TWO ON VALENTINES DAY WEEKEND DRAWING

Tickets are on sale (one for $2 or three for $5) for a drawing to support
the Columbia Chapter.  A sweetheart of a deal!  President Steve Sheck is
selling the tickets for a one night's stay at the Columbia Marriott for
either Friday or Saturday evening of Valentine's Day weekend (February 13 or
14, 2015) plus a bottle of wine and breakfast at the Marriott.  The drawing
is scheduled for Saturday, January 31, 2015 during the Statewide Seminar.

WE CARE COMMITTEE

Bring your pennies for the We Care Committee for those who are sick,
hospitalized or have deceased loved ones.

OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS

              Those having October birthdays in the Columbia Chapter are
invited to get together for a celebration at Applebee's at 11:30 a.m. on
October 11.  Please call Tiffany Mitchell at 898-3353 for details and so she
can reserve space.

COLUMBIA CHAPTER MEETONG OCTOBER 9, 2014

              We had a very large crowd at the chapter meeting which was
approximately 100 including seven blind consumers from the Commission for
the Blind.  I figure President Parnell Digg's admonishment to the Baltimore
Chapter of the NFB paid off.  Hey, Chris Danielson, did your chapter have
100 in October?

              Janice Crosby sang hymns and she has a beautiful voice.  Steve
Sheck and Isaiah Nelson stated that the alumni meeting will be held the
weekend of October 17-19, 2014.  The van will be departing from the SC
Commission for the Blind on Friday, October 17, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. and all
riders please be on time.  If anybody is interested in attending the State
Fair, please contact Steve Sheck at 803-791-8407 no later than Tuesday,
October 14, 2014.  David Houck gave the Center report.  The Conference Room
is coming along with the interior paneling and drop ceiling going up and the
security system being rewired.  Mr. Houck said he would be out of town with
his church Tuesday through Friday of next week and Dorothy Barksdale would
be sitting in for him.  Phil Watridge gave the Treasurer's report following
the freewill offering.  There was $1,874.98 in the checkbook.  Chapter
elections were held to elect the 2015 slate of officers.  Those elected were
President Steve Sheck, First Vice President Tiffany Mitchell, Second Vice
President Isaiah Nelson, Secretary Pat Wolthoff, Treasurer Phil Watridge and
the two At Large positions elected were Maggie Floyd and Patronda Anderson.
Finally we had the 50-50 drawing and Frank Coppel won $65.  Congratulations
Frank!  Everyone have a happy Halloween and we will see you in November!

Steve Sheck, President, Columbia Chapter, NFB of SC