[Nfbofsc] Advocacy Day for Access and Independence

Steve Cook STCook at sccb.sc.gov
Mon Mar 16 15:21:51 UTC 2015

Advocacy Day for Access and Independence

April 16, SC State House
Save the Date!
In the 25th year of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Disability Community unites to address these important issues:

?  Transportation

?  Employment

?  Housing

?  Healthcare
Advocacy Day for Access & Independence is the time for lawmakers to hear our voice.  Let's make SC a more inclusive place!
RALLY WITH US IN COLUMBIA! Register Today!
www.able-sc.org<http://www.able-sc.org>
Phone: 800-681-6805
TTY: 803-779-0949
Accommodation requests must be made at least one week in advance during event registration.
Advocacy Day t-shirts and boxed lunches may be available at the event.

"We are no longer asking for charity.  We are demanding our rights!" -Ed Roberts

Steve Cook, CPM
Assistive Technology Consultant
SC Commission for the Blind
1430 Confederate Avenue
Columbia, SC 29201
Phone: (803) 898-8788
E-Mail: stcook at sccb.sc.gov

March is Workplace Eye Wellness Month. According to the Center for Disease Control, each day about 200 U.S. workers sustain a job related eye injury that requires medical treatment. The SC Commission for the Blind encourages everyone to follow all workplace safety rules to avoid work related eye injuries. To see how the South Carolina Commission for the Blind can help you or a loved one, give us a call at 1-888-335-5951 or visit us online at www.sccb.state.sc.us.