[Nfbofsc] COLUMBIA CHAPTER NEWSLETTER

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Fri Nov 13 15:18:54 UTC 2015

COLUMBIA CHAPTER NEWSLETTER

NOVEMBER 12, 2015

2016 ORLANDO CHARTER BUS TICKETS

              At the October 15 chapter meeting the 2016 Orlando NFB
National Convention bus tickets were distributed to assist in getting
members to the July convention next year.  These $1 bus tickets are
available from David Houck at the Federation Center and money from ticket
sales and filled out ticket stubs should be turned in to David Houck.  The
drawing will be held at the Statewide Seminar on January 9, 2016 and the
seller and buyer of that ticket drawn will each receive $300; or if you
bought your own ticket, you will receive $600!  The NFB of SC chapter or
division selling the most tickets will receive $300 for their treasury.  We
must get out there and sell as many tickets as   possible in order to fund
the chartered bus and to win the $300 for the Columbia Chapter!

CHAPTER AND STATE DUES

              It's not too early to begin turning in your chapter and state
dues of $15 for 2016 for the Columbia Chapter.  Remember that we need to
have your name, address, phone number and email address if you have one.
These things do change and if we do not have updated information, we cannot
keep you up to date on what's going on.  The deadline for dues is January
31, so why wait!

FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR MARGIE HEARD

              We are saddened to report the death of longtime federationist,
Margie Heard a few days ago.  Margie has been a loyal and faithful member
and was loved by everyone in the Columbia Chapter where she served for many
years.  On behalf of the NFB of SC family we extend sincere sympathy to the
family of this lady who will be greatly missed by all of us.

              Funeral services for Margie Heard will be held on Saturday,
November 14, 2015 at one o'clock p.m. at the Central Baptist Church, 3625
Clement Rd., Columbia, SC   29203.  Viewing will began at 12:00 noon
followed by the service at 1:00 p.m.

NOVEMBER 11 COLUMBIA CHAPTER MEETING

              President Tiffiny Mitchell gaveled the meeting to order at
6:30 p.m.  The Church of the Harvest prepared a fine Thanksgiving dinner and
provided a great Thanksgiving program consisting of Levon Stack singing
gospel hymns and patriotic songs and a message from Pastor Ken Jumper  that
God loves you, will lift you up and will never leave you.  Names were turned
in during the chapter meeting for a secret Santa project.  Gifts should not
exceed $15.  The December 10 Christmas chapter meeting will feature everyone
bringing their favorite dish to the meeting.  Please contact Tiffiny
Mitchell at 629-5915 by no later than December 3 to let her know what you
are bringing.  On November 30 at 5:30 p.m. there will be a chapter
fundraising meeting to discuss ways to raise funding for the chapter.  All
Columbia Chapter members are invited.  Monies taken up during the meeting
included $55 for van passenger money, $73 on the freewill offering, $30 in
2016 dues and $41 on the 50-50 drawing which Isaiah Nelson won.  Remember to
begin turning in your $15 state and chapter dues.  They are due by January
31.  Be sure we have your correct address, phone and email so you don't get
left out of anything!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Tiffiny Mitchell, President

Columbia Chapter, NFB of SC