[Nfbofsc] Positive Note 1529

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Mon Nov 30 17:52:10 UTC 2015

November 30, 2015

From:  Frank Coppel, President

              We are writing this edition of the Positive Note earlier than
usual in order that you may receive it prior to the Christmas Board Retreat
which will be held this weekend, December 4, 5, and 6 at Rocky Bottom.
Saturday, December 5, promises to be a very busy day.  We will kick things
off Saturday morning with the RBRCCB Board of Directors meeting at 9:00
a.m., followed by the Federation Center of the Blind Board of Trustees
meeting which will start at 12:00 p.m., and end with the NFB of SC Board of
Directors meeting which will begin at 3:00 p.m.  Saturday evening will be
spent celebrating the Christmas season with singing carols, exchanging
gifts, fellowship, and eating a variety of delicious desserts.

The month of December is a busy time in the NFB of SC as many chapters hold
parties to celebrate the Christmas season.  If you would like for me to
attend your Christmas party please contact me at (803) 796-8662 and I will
try to attend.

As we approach the end of 2015, I would like to remind everyone that this is
a great time to pay your 2016 state dues of $10.  Article XII of the NFB of
SC Constitution states "The dues of this organization shall be $10 per year,
payable during the month of January.  No person may vote who is delinquent
in the payment of his/her dues."

Finally, I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I look forward
to seeing many of you at the Christmas Board Retreat this weekend.

characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day, we raise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles

              I trust that all of you had a blessed Thanksgiving and now we
enter the Christmas season.  A highlight of the year is the Christmas Board
Retreat. The state office has received an excellent response from local and
state leaders as this promises to be one of the biggest in participation.
Most of us will be arriving Friday evening and as is usual, three meals will
be served on Saturday, December 5 and breakfast on Sunday, December 6.  I'm
sure that Lenora Robertson will do an excellent job in handling the food
service.  When you arrive Friday night you will need to contact our Resident
Manager Brooke West who will furnish you your room assignment and keys.
Both Frank Coppel and myself made the determination of room assignments.
Remember, in order to participate in the gift exchange at the Saturday
evening Christmas program, each man should bring a man's gift and each lady
should bring a ladies' gift.  So that you will have the benefit of receiving
as much information as possible, you are encouraged to participate in all of
the board meetings.  Please remember to bring personal items such as towels,
soap and linens, etc.  Finally, be sure to bring cakes, pies and cookies,
etc. which we all enjoy.  I look forward to seeing all of you.

              We are very sad to have to tell you that David Houck's brother
Daniel passed away Saturday, November 28 after a long illness.  He was only
48 years of age.  We extend our deepest sympathy to David and other family
members for their loss.

Final Thought:  The holiday season brings joy and laughter and high spirits.