[Nfbofsc] Office restoration update

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Mon Oct 10 13:20:53 UTC 2016

Dear Fellow Federationists:

Since the office damages done by a vehicle on September 24, we have restored
some functionality of the office, the contractor and insurance adjuster have
been by to make out estimates for repairs, a donation of some office
furniture and chairs has been made, and, despite the effects of Hurricane
Matthew this past weekend, the temporary wall and offices did not sustain
any damages from the wind or rain.  I appreciate the cash donations made
last week of $420 which will assist in recovering other damaged items and
supplies and Scout Troop 10 which donated funds to purchase materials to
restore a free library stand outside the Center which was obliterated in the
car accident.  Attached are a few photos.  When reconstruction is completed,
we will need to erect a barrier wall so that in the future no other vehicles
can destroy the Center's facilities.

Cordially,

David Houck

Executive Director