[Nfbofsc] NFB SC 2016 Youth Talent Showcase Announcement

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Sun Sep 4 16:59:26 UTC 2016

Calling all Young People!

Do you play a musical instrument, act, write poems or short stories, sing,
or dance? Are you attending the NFB of SC State Convention in Myrtle Beach
on Oct. 28-30th? Do you have a talent that you like to show off to larger
groups? We invite youth up to age 25 to participate in the first ever NFB of
SC 2016 Youth Talent Showcase! In order to participate, you must be present
for the entire Saturday session and the banquet that evening, as
participants will be called randomly throughout the day to present their
talent to the audience. At banquet, the audience will decide the winners by
way of applause/crowd participation. Your talent act can include almost any
type of performing art, poetry reading, dance or demonstrations of
gymnastics,martial arts, or some other physical skill. If your talent act is
more visual, we do ask that you have someone present who can be an audio
describer for the benefit of the blind persons in the audience. Your act may
not be longer than five minutes, and the content or lyrics must be deemed
appropriate for a general audience comprised of individuals of all ages and
backgrounds. In order to participate, you need to sign up by either texting
or emailing Jamie Allison at 864-838-0338 or jrallison410 at gmail.com or
Loretta Green at 843-563-3956 or l.k.green66 at gmail.com with your name, title
of your talent act, song, etc. and the length of your presentation. The
deadline for signing up is Friday, October 14th. There will be small-value
prizes for winners and goody bags for participants. Hope to see you there!

--

Jamie R. Allison, MAAA

Professional Artist, Writer

Chapter President, NFB of SC Cherokee

Adult Sponsor, NFB of SC Cedar Springs, Jr. Chapter

Lead Instructor, NFB BELL Academy in SC and NFB SC TEENS

TVI, Braille Tutor

characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day, we raise
expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want.
Blindness is not what holds you back.

Steve and Shannon Cook

Steve on Dice World: Steve6009

Steve on Twitter: @SteveCook67

Today I married my best friend.

The one that I laugh with, live for, love.

October 11, 2003