[Nfbofsc] FW: Saturday, October 15 Charleston's White Cane Day Walkabout

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Fri Sep 30 21:23:03 UTC 2016

>From Peter Smith

Greetings on this Fantastic Friday!  I am inviting you all to celebrate a
non-aligned White Cane Day with me on Saturday, October 15 at noon by
gathering near the corner of Calhoun and King Street for a walkabout to show
off our white canes.  The Sisters of Delta Gamma have agreed to help support
me while learning and spreading awareness of this joyful device.

This is not about a parade, activist demonstration, rally, or any type of
march. I envision simply walking the intersections near Marion Square  and
the College of Charleston with white canes.  I cannot stress enough that it
will be done safely and legally but with a noticeable group crossing the
streets deploying white canes and spreading awareness of safe tactile
mobility.  This is going to be easy! All we need is canes and feet.  No
blocking traffic, just folks wondering what all these blind people are up
to.  Just walking about!

Sighted, partially sighted, non-sighted, please join me!  I am going to
alert the media. Please spread the word!  I am a terrible Facebooker and
Twitterer, but I will give it a try.  So spread the word as well if you
please!

Also, please add any thoughts, comments, etc. by doing a reply to all so I
can consider and forward further information.

Your Friend, With Relish (How I take Life & hotdogs!)

Pete the Midnight Golfer/Rider

Peter Alan Smith
Home:
411 Meeting Street, Apt. 2102