[Nfbofsc] Amazon Echo Devices

James Robinson jardatalearningcenter at jardata.biz
Wed Aug 9 23:17:31 UTC 2017

Hello!

You know I have been using Amazon's Echo devices for over six months and am
having a ball with them; I think these devices would be a good tool for a
variety of blind users because you can use your voice to get a lot of things
done from shopping from Amazon to playing hundreds of radio stations around
the world and playing tons of songs and games, etc; now they have added
voice messaging and voice/video calling and chatting; the echo is all voice
activated and the echo show is voice activated too, but has a screen too
that you can interact with like siri and talkback; I also have the Google
Home device, which is similar without a screen right now, but I heard a
Google device is coming out soon that also has a screen; I will most likely
get one of those too; with the echo show, you can interact with the screen
in the same way as you do with Siri and it is easy to use also and starting
it for the first time is a whiz and can be done just with one or two moves
of the hand; and if anyone has any questions about these devices, do feel
free to ask me on this list.  Take care and have a great day.

Sincerely,

James Robinson