[Nfbofsc] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] United States Secretary of Labor to Address Blind Americans

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Fri Jul 7 23:25:40 UTC 2017

Steve and Shannon Cook

Steve on Dice World: Steve6009

Steve on Twitter: @SteveCook67

Today I married my best friend.

The one that I laugh with, live for, love.

October 11, 2003

Behalf Of National Federation of the Blind via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 9:17 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] United States Secretary of Labor to Address
Blind Americans

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

cdanielsen at nfb.org

United States Secretary of Labor to Address Blind Americans

R. Alexander Acosta to Speak at National Federation of the Blind National
Convention in Orlando

Baltimore, Maryland (July 6, 2017): The Honorable R. Alexander Acosta,
Secretary, United States Department of Labor, will address the annual
convention of the National Federation of the Blind in Orlando on the
afternoon of Friday, July 14, at approximately 2:55 p.m. His topic will be
"Building the Twenty-First Century American Workforce: Disability Does Not
Define Your Employment."

"The low expectations that society has of blind people, as well as
inaccessible workplace technology and other factors, still make finding and
retaining meaningful employment one of our primary challenges," said Mark A.
Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind. "We are
delighted that Secretary Acosta is coming to our convention to share the
administration's thoughts on this topic with the members of America's
leading organization of blind people."

###

blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8883&qid=1848312

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8884&qid=1848312

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8885&qid=1848312

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8886&qid=1848312

 <mailto:nfb at nfb.org> Image removed by sender. Email Icon Image

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8887&qid=1848312
> Image removed by sender. Donate to the NFB Icon.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| (410) 659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=7179&qid=1848312&h=
b7b09844ac58519f>  | Opt Out
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=7179&qid=1848312&h=b7b09
844ac58519f> |  Sign up for email newsletter
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8888&qid=1848312

200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States