[Nfbofsc] January 5 Statewide Seminar letter

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Wed Dec 5 13:46:23 UTC 2018

December 5, 2018

Memo To:  All Members of the NFB of SC

From:         Frank Coppel, President

Re:             2019 Statewide Seminar

Dear Fellow Federationists:

              Happy Holidays!  Saturday, January 5, 2019, is less than five
weeks away.  Our 49th annual Statewide Seminar will be held on Saturday,
January 5, at the Federation Center of the Blind in Columbia and will get
underway promptly at 10:00 a.m.  Lunch will be served at no cost to you.  As
we have done for the past few years, we will be holding an auction
throughout the day to raise money for the Federation Center.  Bring your
best cakes, pies, gift baskets, electronics, etc. to support our programs at
the State Office.  The Seminar will end by 4:00 p.m.

          An interesting and informative program is being planned.  If you
have any special requests concerning the Seminar, please contact me at (803)
796-8662 or at the Federation Center of the Blind at (803) 254-3777 keeping
in mind that, to give me time to implement your ideas, you should get in
touch with me well in advance of the Seminar.

          All Chapter and Division Presidents are urged to work for maximum
turnout.  If you plan to attend the Seminar, please check the appropriate
space on the bottom of this letter, sign it and return it to the NFB of SC,
119 S. Kilbourne Rd., Columbia, SC 29205 immediately so that we will know
how many are attending in order to prepare the proper amount of food.

          It will be very helpful if you mail your $1 national Convention
transportation Tickets and money to the Federation Center of the Blind, 119
S. Kilbourne Rd., Columbia, SC 29205 by December 27, , or bring them with
you the day of the Seminar.  Remember, we must sell the these Tickets in
order for us to financially assist those individuals who are planning to
attend the 2019 national convention in

Las Vegas.  At the Seminar, a total of $700 in prizes will be given
concerning the Convention bus trip.  The seller of the winning ticket will
receive $100, the buyer of the winning ticket will receive $300, and the
Chapter or Division selling the most tickets will receive $300.  Should your
name be drawn, and if you are both the seller and buyer of the winning
ticket, you will hit the jackpot for $400 - it has happened before!

          Remember, state membership dues are $10 per person and are due on
January 1, 2019.  If you have not already paid your dues, please do so
promptly.  Your dues must be paid by January 31, to keep your membership in
good standing.  Each Chapter and Division is responsible for collecting
state dues and mailing them to the Federation Center of the Blind, including
name, address, phone number, email address, if applicable, and whether the
member is a blind voting or sighted associate member.  Let's go ahead and
pay our state dues now and get it behind us.

          I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the Seminar on
Saturday, January 5.  Please don't delay in checking, signing and returning
the information requested below to us to help in our planning.

Cut and detach here:

------------------------

January 5, 2019 Statewide Seminar

Please check the following:

___ I plan to attend      ___ I will be unable to attend

Number of those coming with you:  ______

Please return to: NFB of SC before Dec. 27, to

NFB of SC

119 S. Kilbourne Rd.

Columbia, SC 29205