[Nfbofsc] MIDLANDS GIVES IS TODAY FOR ROCKY BOTTOM AND THE NFB OF SC

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Tue May 1 14:55:53 UTC 2018

The RBRCCB Board of Directors and the NFB of SC Board of Directors discussed
during their meetings on Saturday, April 21, our participation in the
Midlands Gives fund raising program.

          What is Midlands Gives?  Hosted by Central Carolina Community
Foundation, Midlands Gives is a 24-hour online giving event that brings the
region together as one community, raising money and awareness for local
nonprofits in 11 Midlands counties.

          When is Midlands Gives?  Midlands Gives will take place online on
Tuesday, May 1, 2018, from 12:00 am to 11:59:59pm, Eastern Time.

          How does it work?  Central Carolina Community Foundation has set
up an online giving platform at MidlandsGives.org with searchable profiles
of participating nonprofits. All donations will be processed through this
website, which allows nonprofits and donors to track the giving on May 1st
via the site's leaderboards.

          If you would like to donate to Rocky Bottom Retreat and Conference
Center, click on the below link.  https://www.midlandsgives.org/rockybottom.
TODAY'S POWER HOUR FOR ROCKY BOTTOM IS BETWEEN 12 NOON & 1 PM!  If you would
like to donate to the National Federation of the Blind of SC (NFB of SC),
click on the below

https://www.midlandsgives.org/NFBOFSC

          This year, Jennifer Bazer and staff from the Successful
Transitions program will be stationed in several locations around Columbia
on May 1, to raise funds through Midland Gives to assist Rocky Bottom.  If
you are uncomfortable using a computer to make a donation or do not have
one, you can call the Federation Center, (803) 254-3777 on Tuesday, May 1,
and we will assist you with your donation.  I am asking all chapter and
division presidents to please share this information with your members and I
strongly encourage all of us to make a concerted effort to spread this
information to local businesses, neighbors, friends, and family which will
greatly help to financially support Rocky Bottom and the NFB of SC with this
wonderful fund raising opportunity!