[Nfbofsc] Cell Phone Donation Service Project

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Thu Apr 18 00:36:23 UTC 2019

Also, if anyone else who sees this message has some old cell phones they
would like to donate, please get them to me.  I am reposting the blurb from
last summer here to save you from having to look for it.

Good Afternoon,

Many of you know that I am an enthusiastic recycler.  Keeping in that
thought process, I will be collecting old cell phones at this year's state
convention.  The phones will be donated to local organizations such as
women's shelters, men's shelters and others, for the purpose of allowing
people using those services to have a way to contact 911 if they are in a
situation that warrants it.  A cell phone, even if not under contract or
otherwise having services can still connect to 911 if it has a charge.

If you want to bring old cell phones to donate to this project, please put
the phone and charger in a Ziploc bag to keep them together.  The type of
phone does not matter.  Be sure to delete any information that you may need
or do not want to be on the phone.  The shelters wipe the phones clean, but
it never hurts to be proactive on our part.  The phones will be donated on
behalf of the NFB of SC.  This is a way we can give to our communities that
does not incur a financial commitment.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (803) 254-0222 or
email me at cookcafe at sc.rr.com <mailto:cookcafe at sc.rr.com> .  Please
announce this at your chapter or division meetings.

Much thanks.

Shannon Cook

Steve and Shannon Cook

Today I married my best friend.

The one that I laugh with, live for, love.

October 11, 2003