[Nfbofsc] Question

Blind Fit Girl ericapowellenterprises at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 22:38:39 UTC 2019

Hi Ed and Frank!

I hope you both are doing well. I am reaching out in hopes for your advice or insight on something!

Over the last few months I have been training to compete in track and field para-athletic events. My times have become very competitive and I have been asked to attend the World Grand Prix Desert Challenge Games in Arizona May 22-26! With success at this meet I could qualify for Team USA and earn a spot on their roster for the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo!

I am doing everything I can to ensure I compete and excel at the Desert Challenge Games in May to make this dream a reality. Unfortunately though, that big of a trip comes with a lot of costs associated. With that being said, I was wondering if either of you know of any sponsorship money that the NFB or other organizations offer to blind athletes?

I will outline my projected costs below so that you have an idea of what I’m up against. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Desert Challenge Games Athlete Registration: $160 (due by April 28)
Round Trip Flight: $350
Hotel Stay for required 6 nights: $780

Thanks so much for your help/guidance!

Best-