[Nfbofsc] NFB-NEWSLINE: Ring in 2019, Alexa Skill Training

Steve & Shannon Cook cookcafe at sc.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 15:36:24 UTC 2019

> Hello and Happy New Year from the NFB-NEWSLINE Team!
>
> Now, you can listen to NFB-NEWSLINE without lifting a finger. In late
November, the NFB-NEWSLINE Amazon Alexa skill was released. You can ask
Alexa to read the paper, navigate through the paper with ease, and much more
with a simple command set and we can show you how.

> Whether you are a long time Amazon Echo user or Alexa just came wrapped as
a gift under your tree, this is the training for you. Hey Alexa, how can I
access this great telephone training that will take place on Tuesday January
15, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern?

> Be sure to join us on Tuesday evening for an interactive demonstration
conducted by Scott White, Director of NFB-NEWSLINE on how to access the
NFB-NEWSLINE service using the Amazon Echo family of products. Time will be
provided to get your questions answered on the use of the skill as well as
other NFB-NEWSLINE access methods.

> Please join us online using the link or conference telephone numbers
listed below.

> https://zoom.us/j/962454147
>
> One tap mobile
>
> +16468769923,,962454147# US (New York)
>
> Dial by your location
>
> +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
>
> Meeting ID: 962454147#
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team

Steve Cook
Follow the National Federation of the Blind of SC On Face Book
Follow the Computer Science & Technology Division of SC on Face Book
District 2 State Board Member of the NFB of SC
1st Vice President of the Computer Science & Technology Division of the NFB
of SC
1st Vice President of the Columbia Chapter of the NFB of SC
www.nfbofsc.org