[NFBofSC] NFB of SC Convention Room Reservations

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Mon Jul 15 17:59:16 UTC 2019

IMPORTANT!

As today is the deadline for Marriott room reservations, I am pleased to
report that the Marriott has extended the NFB of SC Convention room block
until Monday, July 22.  If you have not already made your room reservations,
PLEASE DO SO NOW as after this extension passes on July 22, you will not get
the convention rates and the NFB of SC may have to take up any slack if
there is a shortage in the room block.  Below is the reservation information
you need:

              There are only a few days remaining to make your hotel
reservations for the 2019 NFB of SC State Convention which will be held at
the Marriott Hotel in Columbia August 9-11.  Rates for this year's
convention are $112 per night for up to four in a room.  In addition to the
room rates there will be a tax, which at present is 14 percent.  There are
rooms still available for the $112 rate Thursday, August 8.  The deadline to
make reservations is July 15, 2019.  If you wait until after July 15, to
make your hotel reservation, the hotel may not have an available room for
you and you may be required to pay the standard room rate.  You can make
your room reservations by calling the Columbia Marriott reservation toll
free telephone number (800) 593-6465 or (803) 771-7000 and inform the
reservationist you are reserving a room for the National Federation of the
Blind of South Carolina state convention.

Convention preregistration special rates end on Auhust 2.  Se below for more
details:

              I would also encourage you to go ahead and pay your $80
preregistration fee for the state convention which will cover the very
special Friday evening reception, the Saturday luncheon and the Saturday
evening banquet as well as a continental breakfast Saturday and Sunday
morning.  Please send your $80 preregistration fee to the Federation Center
of the Blind, 119 S. Kilbourne Rd. Columbia, SC 29205.  We are offering a
discount for families with children regarding the preregistration fee.
Parents will pay the $80 preregistration fee and each child eight teen years
of age or younger will pay $20.  We are also offering a discounted rate to
college students in the amount of $50 during the preregistration period.
After August 2, the registration will increase to $100.

Frank coppel, President

NFB of SC