[NFBofSC] Positive Note 1737

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Mon Nov 25 14:10:27 UTC 2019

November 25, 2019

From:  Frank Coppel, President

               It appears we will have a good turnout for the 2019 Christmas
Board Retreat which will be held at Rocky Bottom the weekend of December
6-8.  Upon your arrival to Rocky Bottom Friday evening December 6, please
stop by the Resident Manager's apartment and Linda Bible will notify you of
your room assignment for the weekend.  We will do all we can to provide
comfortable sleeping accommodations for everyone.  We are expecting
approximately thirty individuals who will be staying for the weekend and
approximately forty individuals for Saturday, December 7.  All of us need to
be understanding and demonstrate a spirit of good will during the brief time
we will be at Rocky Bottom.  Breakfast on Saturday morning, December 1, will
be served at 8:30, lunch at 1:00 p.m., and the Christmas dinner at 6:30 p.m.
On Sunday morning, December 2, breakfast will be served at 8:30.  Remember,
if you wish to participate in the Christmas gift exchange Saturday evening,
ladies will need to bring a ladies' gift and men will need to bring a men's
gift.  The cost of the Christmas gift should be a minimum of $10.  Also,
please remember to bring bake goods such as cakes and cookies so that we
have a large variety of Christmas desserts to sample for our Christmas
celebration Saturday evening.  .  I am asking each of you who are planning
to attend the Christmas Board Retreat to contribute $20 which will greatly
help to defray much of the cost for the food and travel for the weekend.
Your support regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.

              The month of December is a busy time in the NFB of SC as many
chapters hold parties to celebrate the Christmas season.  If you would like
for me to attend your Christmas party please contact me at (803) 796-8662 or
you can email me at frankcoppel at att.net and I will try to attend.  Thus far,
I am planning to attend the Anderson Christmas party on December 6, the
Sumter chapter's Christmas gala on December 10, the Chesterfield and
Columbia Christmas parties on December12, and the Charleston Christmas party
on December 14.

              Finally, I want to take this opportunity to wish you and your
family a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving.  Let's take a few minutes
Thursday to reflect on God's blessings and give thanks for our families, our
country, and to our organization, the National Federation of the Blind, who
is working very hard to make it possible for blind people to live the life
they want!

              The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is
not the characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day, we raise
the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
blindness is not what holds you back.

Final Thought:   Transforming our dreams into reality:  Thursday is
Thanksgiving.  What are you thankful for?